I just bought my new Epi Les Paul Standard today and im to lazy to drive back to long and mcquade at the moment so im asking you guys :P

I think whats happening is that the fret is to low and when i hit that note the string is touching the 14th fret aswell how can i stop this by myself with out getting all new frets.
Raise the action, and check the truss rod.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Do you know how to raise the action?

Or maybe your neck isn't straight that might be it.

But raise the action. On the tune-o-matic bridge, there are two screws that you use to adjust the height of it. Turn the screws counter-clockwise to raise, it and clockwise to lower it.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
take it back and have it fixed.. its a new guitar so nothing should be wrong.
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
Action first. Truss rod second.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
If you just bought it, take it back and make them fix it. Personally I hate L&M, but at least there's a lot of gear for me to try out
If not, do what everyone else says, action

EDIT: I just read your post again, and you did just buy it. My bad
Quote by firebreath07
Raise the action, and check the truss rod.

I dont think its the action because it isnt happeneing on any other frets. It acctually looks like the fret is tilted a little.
Should have played it more before you left the store with it. If its got a screwy fret or 2 not to uncommon on epis then you need to take it back to the store.
Remember, if you have raised the action and then checked the neck relief, and the latter is fine and you don't want comic action heights, yes you can take it to a store, but, although scary at first, re-dressing and levelling JUST the 14th fret by a TINY amount is not a hard job, and is great practice for future jobs.

Just use very fine wet and dry paper, dry. Would be helpful to use something small and level. Don't be afraid to do things to your guitar yourself. Unless you're a complete numptee, then just leave it to the guys in the shop

- Rich