The Story: About 30 mins ago I reached down to pick up my J bass and I grabbed the neck and lifted it and then SNAP! My Jazz bass's nut snapped and fell off from the G string to the right side of the neck.

I'm wondering about how serious of an accident is this and how much will it cost to get repaired? By the way, it's a 2007 MIM Jazz bass with a limited edition finish.
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
Quote by Deliriumbassist
is it a clean snap? No major amount of wood came away with the nut? If so, remove any nut left in the slot, and replace the nut. Easy and simple enough to do yourself. Clean the slot out, a bit of glue, and shove a new nut right in there.
It's a clean snap, but only from the G-string slot to the end of the fretboard came off, so I'd say about 80% of the nut is still securely on the fretboard.
Squier VM TB Bass
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
That just happened to my E on my jazz.
I took the strings off and I noticed the nut had split sometime.
I just glued the parts back together.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
nuts are easy enough to get out. A pair of pliers, a little bit of heat (to melt any glue. Just don't melt the plastic nut), job done.
Okay. Thanks alot for the advice! I really appreciate it!
Squier VM TB Bass