Hi, can anyone tell me which amp is better in terms of sound quality (regarding the clean channel), is it the Marshall MG15CDR or the Peavey Blazer 158?
Quote by maggot2011
For the price I'm pretty sure you can find a used Peavey Bandit. It's basically a lot better than their other Transtube crap.

Thanx, but given the choice which would you rather go for?
Neither, do you have a budget and style of playing? I'm gonna assume this is for practice, but tell me if I'm wrong.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Lahiru J.
Thanx, but given the choice which would you rather go for?

The Bandit has great tone from the youtube vids but try one if your local shop has it in stock and see if you like it.
Thanx y'all for the replies
Quote by Kevin Saale
Neither, do you have a budget and style of playing? I'm gonna assume this is for practice, but tell me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, I'm looking for something under $200 as a practice amp for playing metal (Kalmah, COB, Arch Enemy kinda stuff), 15w would be ideal. The only 15w amps at my local store are those mentioned in the topic title and MG15DFX. All the rest have highier power ratings. P.S. I'm gonna be running this through a Zoom G2.1u
The best thing would be to take your axe and your zoom to the store, and try them out on ALL amps in your budget, and get the one that sounds the best.
Quote by shmuck71
The best thing would be to take your axe and your zoom to the store, and try them out on ALL amps in your budget, and get the one that sounds the best.

Yup! I already tried that! Went over with my axe & used a zoom G2 already in the shop. Not much of a difference in sounds with my custom distortion patches. Through clean (and sans the effects pedal) the peavey seemed a tad bit brighter & full but with the FDD switched on in the marshall it was pretty good. So I've got a dilemma here.
Sorry, didn't know you did that already. (not many do)

Don't want to sound mean, but since you've done a test drive already, you know what they sound like and have to go with what your ears like the best. If your not that sure, try them again.

If all else fails, you can always do a coin toss. Good luck.
Quote by shmuck71
Sorry, didn't know you did that already. (not many do)

Don't want to sound mean, but since you've done a test drive already, you know what they sound like and have to go with what your ears like the best. If your not that sure, try them again.

If all else fails, you can always do a coin toss. Good luck.

Yeah bro, you're right. I was kinda hoping UG would make up my mind, browsed the forum a little & I think I know which way to go. Thanx everybody for the replies, peace!
Given a choice between a MG and just about any other amp not a hard choice. But the transtube isnt a very good sounding amp. They dont have all the reliability problems of the MG but they arent the best sounding.
Quote by Tackleberry
Given a choice between a MG and just about any other amp not a hard choice. But the transtube isnt a very good sounding amp. They dont have all the reliability problems of the MG but they arent the best sounding.

wow, I'm back to square 1 now ... I went through the forum and all I got are hate comments about the MG15CDR. But having said that, not many people have compared the marshall to the peavey blazer 158... What I wanna go for are sounds (not the number of built in effects/durablility) - so put this poor soul at rest, I can't make up my own mind - I need you to do it for me (which is why I'm here...)
Your best bet is to buy blind and go for either a Vox Valvetronix or Roland Cube. Either of these will wipe the floor with the amps in your local store.
Quote by yoyodunno
Have you tried a roland micro cube or do you need more power? cause it's better than either of those two imo.

I'd love to have a cube15 or something from Line6, but those are out of stock at our local store (will be quite a while before new stock arrives...) Letz make this a poll and keep it simple shall we?? Vote either "MG15CDR" or "Blazer 158". Thanx!
Blazer then...
I'd personally go for an Epi VJ (maybe because i'm a tube person), but i'd go for the blazer.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Blazer....
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
why not order online?
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard