Hope this does not violate rules just curious if anyone who has both could lend some advice to a newbie. I am looking for a extra guitar and am not having luck finding many tracers by peavy. I am thinking of strats by ltd or ibanez am looking to spend under $300 and just wondering what some peoples experience is. I know that I can get a locking tremelo on a ltd for that range but probably need to go up by at least $50 to get an ibanez with a locking trem. I definatley want something that will last. If anything I may be a youtube rockstar. At 32 I do not see myself hitting the road any time soon.
I'd say the best thing to do is go out and see if you can find some of the guitars you are looking at locally. Test them out and see which one you like better. My friend has a LTD and it is pretty cool, but I have an Ibanez and I love it!
Quote by jtbull
Hope this does not violate rules just curious if anyone who has both could lend some advice to a newbie. I am looking for a extra guitar and am not having luck finding many tracers by peavy. I am thinking of strats by ltd or ibanez am looking to spend under $300 and just wondering what some peoples experience is. I know that I can get a locking tremelo on a ltd for that range but probably need to go up by at least $50 to get an ibanez with a locking trem. I definatley want something that will last. If anything I may be a youtube rockstar. At 32 I do not see myself hitting the road any time soon.

Looking for an '80s peavey tracer then?

Here ya go if you are. Even comes with a case.
http://www.musicgoround.com/gear/inventorydetails.asp?id=615113
Last edited by mogar at Jun 2, 2008,
Out of the two lower end models of Ibanez and LTD, the Ibanez are much better sounding. LTDs are only worth it if they're the 400 series or higher imo.

If you want a good trem for cheap, you're going to have to buy an Ibanez S series guitar. The LTD trem is decent and the Edge III on the RGs are pretty crappy.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com