So theres a guy in my neighborhood selling a Vintage 1970's practically mint-condition Slingerland 5-piece, and for those who don't know about Slingerland, well they are legendary. So hes sellin it for $350, but my dad thinks I don't need this. Help me convince him.
You really don't NEED it...

Instead asking for him to buy it for you, ask him how you can earn it.
Quote by Evian
You really don't NEED it...

Instead asking for him to buy it for you, ask him how you can earn it.

Well I told him I was gonna sell my old one but he won't let me
i get that its vintage. i know they were the **** back in the day. but why get one now? many advancements have been made since then when it comes to drums.
Will you be playing in this? If so then dont get it.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by StageLife30
i get that its vintage. i know they were the **** back in the day. but why get one now? many advancements have been made since then when it comes to drums.

Because as the wood ages the tones of the drums can, and almost all of the time will, change.
Quote by the_strikes
Because as the wood ages the tones of the drums can, and almost all of the time will, change.

yes i understand that as well. depending on the conditions the drumset was in. how could such an old set be in mint condition anyways?
Quote by the_strikes
So theres a guy in my neighborhood selling a Vintage 1970's practically mint-condition Slingerland 5-piece, and for those who don't know about Slingerland, well they are legendary. So hes sellin it for $350, but my dad thinks I don't need this. Help me convince him.
In the 1970's the AMC pacer was also "legendary".

srsly, slingerland drums are no big deal.
a distant third behind Ludwig and Rogers during that time period.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I've got a mid 70's slingerland snare,People see that it's a slingerland and they think its worth a ton.Its just a regular old 14x5 snare...They made a million of them,same thing with this drumset.Although at $350...its a steal.
Last edited by wes_jett2008 at Jun 2, 2008,