I just played a strat that had the red, blue, silver, combo lace sensor pick ups.

I fell in love with the sound.

I was wondering if there are any humbuckers that would fit my sg that would sound similar?
good luck buddy those are single coils. yeah laces are really good.
can you install single coils into a guitar that's supposed to have humbuckers??? or like 2 single coils or something??
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
someone told me that p90s are single coil and can fit in my sg

never seen a sg with dual singles tho

dont think itll work
why not just coil tap some humbuckers. i love the sound of my seymour duncan sh-2n in single coil mode.
you can buy lace sensor humbuckers, don't know if they can be be coil split though.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
am i the only one who doesnt like lace sensors?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Lace Sensors can sound good, but they can sound a little too sterile too. I always prefer the sound of a strat single coil over a lace sensor single coil. Each person has their own preferences, so yeah.

Anyway, there are humbucking lace sensors. They're called lace sensor duallies i think. Go check them out.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
its not just pickups that set the sound, its everything else as well (materials, bridge, tuners, etc etc)

i doubt you would ever make an SG sound like a strat.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by dr_john
its not just pickups that set the sound, its everything else as well (materials, bridge, tuners, etc etc)

This is very true.

Strats naturally have a brightish sounding wood, whereas your sg is most likely mahogany- which absorbs high frequencies.

I love my lace sensors in my strat. I've never tried the dualies. They're probably awesome though. However, don't expect them (in your sg) to sound anything like that strat did...
Quote by dr_john

+1

there's no way you're going to make an SG sound anything like a strat.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I like the look of Lace Sensors, but still haven't heard the sounds of any..
/CENTER]
if u want bright tone why not just sell the sg and buy a strat. since you seen like you'll do any mod to ur sg to make it sound like a strat/