Iv been reading a lot on this subject. I want to record my music. I want to know if recording with a mic which is plugged into my sound card is better than having my amp plugged directly in to my sound card?
you could use a 5 grand mic, put it up to your 5 grand amp, and then put it through your sound card and it will sound like poo.
you need to bypass the sound card. use a USB interface, or for a little more money and true multi track capabilities, a firewire interface.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
there are alot of choices. go to musicians friend or other website like it and search for USB interface or Firewire interface.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I heard that the m-audios kind of suck, or are hard to use/get working properly.

How are those <$100 Line 6 ones?
The toneports aren't too shabby. Not uber quality sound, but good for the price.
m-audio make good cards. and they are easy to set up if you can follow simple instructions from the manual. ive set up several with no worries. also you dont have to have a usb/firewire card. you can get a perfectly good pci card with multiple ins and outs too.
Thank you please.