Hi, Im looking to buy a new amp.

I have no idea what type of amps to look into.

The Bands I Listin to include :

Taking Back Sunday, Silverstein, Rise Against, AFI, Aiden, Anberlin, Anber Pacific, Brand New, Jimmy eat World, My Chemical Romance, Motion City Soundtrack, Thursday, New Found Glory, Plain White T's, Soasin, The Red Jumpsuit, Senses Fail, The Used, Story of The Year, Underoath

I'm looking for a tone similar to the tones these bands produce. I dont really Have A Budget. Im looking to spend like $1500 USD, but if i need to i can spend more.

Any Suggestion's Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

(
I currently have a Ashdown Fallen Angel 2x12 ( If anyone is interested in buying email me at erik961@peoplepc.com , Its in excellent condition, and i'd be willing to sell very cheap.)
spider III for the digitalis your looking for

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
alot of them probably play marshalls but i know Jade Puget form AFI plays mesa boogie and some of the heavier bandy you listed might also vut you can always use wikipedia to find out what gear they use
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Rise Against uses JCM-2000 DSL's and JCM-900's now, they used Mesa Stilettos for part of their old tour. The Used's Quinn Allman uses JCM-2000 DSL's. Taking Back Sunday uses JCM-800's and a Mesa Dual Rec. MCR uses JCM-900's and a Marshall TSL's. New Found Glory uses Mesa Dual Rec's. ....I would find a JCM-2000 dsl ....i love mine.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Try a Crate self contained 2-12" amp. You can get one for under $400.00. They're extremely versatile. I have 2 of them, a 15 watt 1-12" model, and a 65 watt 1-12" model.
I've tryed the Line 6 Spyder and the Crate blows it away. Use the remaining cash to buy
one of those Digitech multi-effect pedals, like a GNX-3 or something of the sort, they cost about $300 to $400. You'll be very portable (able to go & play anywhere with your own gear). I also have 2 Marshall 50-Watt half stacks (Since I got the Crate, they're collecting dust) Big bonus - you'll still have cash left over apply it towards a great guitar.
I've used Crates and Line 6 Amps before, I didnt like them. How do you guys check what amps these bands use ?
Quote by erik961
I've used Crates and Line 6 Amps before, I didnt like them. How do you guys check what amps these bands use ?

I watched vids online. I LOVE Rise Against's tone so I watched live concert footage. Same for the other bands.
Gear:
Traynor YCV40
wikipedia will have some of it
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Now Thats Dedication

So a JCM-2000 would fit this style pretty well ? I'm gunna have to go out and play one. Do any other amps come to mind ?
Quote by erik961
Now Thats Dedication

So a JCM-2000 would fit this style pretty well ? I'm gunna have to go out and play one. Do any other amps come to mind ?

Well JCM-900's are sweet but....it's getting harder and harder to find the good sounding ones. In 1990, JCM-900's came with EL-34's and a cascading pre-amp (in short Marshalls sound their best with EL-34's) the pre-amp cascade was taken away in later years. Later years were moved to an individual selection pre-amp and 6L6 tubes. I've owned one and I really didn't like it.

The TSL's (totally personal opinion here btw) I think suck major d*ck. They have virtually no bottom end to be found.

The dual recs are great amps hands down. But it's hard to get some of the Marshall tones that those bands use out of them. They have tons of low end CHUGGA CHUGGA sound (think NFG and the heavier parts in TBS). However when you try to dial in Rise Against, MCR, ect....it's not gonna sound the same.

I can't tell you enough how much I love My JCM-2000 DSL 50. I paid $700 for it used, and I would buy another in a heartbeat, and I like alot of the bands that you listed so I would really think that you would love this amp.
Gear:
Traynor YCV40