Anyone here a Cianide fan? Razorback Records just reissued their "Death, Doom and Destruction" album...which I'm going to grab as soon as I get the cash. No one ever mentions em, and I think they're criminally underrated.

www.cianide-metal.com/
"Oh, it's just you." - Famous Last Words
One of Death/Dooms best secrets.This band is incredible.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by Riffmast
One of Death/Dooms best secrets.This band is incredible.

Yay another Cianide fan!

I just don't get how they could've been kept under the radar for this long. They're damn great and I rarely ever hear mention of them.
"Oh, it's just you." - Famous Last Words
always wanted to check this band out

all I know about the is that the doom metal band The Gates Of Slumber took their name from a Cianide song
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

A Descent Into Hell is the obvious suggestion to spark anyone's interest in this band. It's killer death / doom. Ultra simplistic, no real novelties, but the purist of spirits. Listen to this band.
I have Divide and Conquer. It's a pretty cool mix between death/doom and punk
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
I listened to 'The Dying Truth" by these guys, didn't do much for me personally. Didn't bother to see if any other albums were worth it.
Blugeoning is the best way i can desribe the opening rif to "The Dying Truth",truly extreme,crushing Death/Doom.mmmm
Quote by Steve08

Decided to revisit them today. Glad I did. Though "The Dying Truth" didn't really impress me, I am listening to "A Descent into Hell", and this album is great. Makes me wanna go back and listen to "The Dying Truth" again and see if I can get into it this time.
Divide and Conquer and Dead and Rotting are all I have, but its great stuff. Their early stuff sounds great from a few listens, so I might go on a bit of a hunt for the early LPs.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Crushing band. I would say one of the essential bands in constructing the later Death/Doom sound.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
The Dying Truth obliterated me today.Such an unbelievably heavy album.
Quote by Steve08

Cool band. I just found out about them a few weeks ago.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Really good band, I love The Wrath Of Daimajin

Edit : Thx to Riffmast who posted that song in The Heaviest riff thread.
Last edited by reclamation901 at Jun 22, 2011,
I, too, want to thank Riffmast for posting about this band in that riff thread.

What album is wrath of the daimajinn off?
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
It's a 7 inch split with Coffins actually, so that's the only Cianide track on it. And no problem guy's, glad you enjoyed it.
Quote by Steve08

How the hell am I supposed to obtain a 7 inch split in this country? >_>

Hell, even my LP player broke last month.
Order online, that's how the rest of us do it haha.
Quote by Steve08

The problem is that I don't have an official address I can send it to at the moment.

It's complicated. No, I'm not in jail.
Are you the Lion Tamer in a traveling circus?
Quote by Steve08

Exactly.
So the new album is out. I think it's good. Nothing mind blowing, but it's another success in an area that's been fairly shitty for awhile. I wish some of the Celtic Frost riff rip-offs weren't so completely obvious, though. Otherwise, good stuff.
Sick ****ing band. Just started listening to A Descent Into Hell, and I knew it'd rule from the first note.
A Descent Into Hell is their best release, so technically it's all downhill from there. Their other stuff is still worth checking out. At least, most of it is.
But the hill they're going down is almost flat, it's such a minor decline really. I think The Dying Truth is their best, that and the Coffins split, but that is just one track, just happens to be the most powerful thing they've written.
Quote by Steve08

Is the level on A Descent Into Hell really low or is it just me? It seems much quieter than my other CDs... Anyone else own it?
Would'nt doubt it.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by Riffmast
Would'nt doubt it.

Any reasoning behind that (I don't know much about recording, production, etc.)?
Quote by Born Headless
Any reasoning behind that (I don't know much about recording, production, etc.)?

they probably had to master it quietly because there was so much bass on the recording, and it would drown out everything else
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Quote by sg_man08
they probably had to master it quietly because there was so much bass on the recording, and it would drown out everything else

Hmm, does that actually happen? When you master you're adjusting the volume of everything right? Do some frequencies just overpower others? Oh, and could there be any other reasons?
Quote by Born Headless
Hmm, does that actually happen? When you master you're adjusting the volume of everything right? Do some frequencies just overpower others? Oh, and could there be any other reasons?

Well, I read an old Carcass interview where Bill said that "Reek" was mastered quietly for that reason. I was just applying that logic to this situation.
Quote by severed-metal

last.fm
Quote by sg_man08
Well, I read an old Carcass interview where Bill said that "Reek" was mastered quietly for that reason. I was just applying that logic to this situation.

Ahh, I see. Cheer!