I couldn't find anywhere else to post this, so Pit, help me.

I'm in an electronicore band, go ahead and give me crap for it. Anyways, we use Reason 4.0 as a backing for our guitar and vocals, in other words, it's our drums and bass.
When we play live, i have to consult to my computer to change the file to the next song after every song. It's annoying and it makes the show choppy.
Is there any known software that will automatically choose the file i want and open it in Reason? Or is this a future technology that humans have yet to develop?

Thanks.
Quote by hug a llama
I usually just pretend I'm batman on duty. It makes me feel useful to society.

Quote by x_themetalfan_x
Penguins are ****ing creepy. They all just stand there, staring... with their EYES. Like beady eyed tuxedo clad stalkers.
Quote by saxaxe
Export the backing as mp3's and play them in iTunes or something of the sort with the right amount of time between songs.

The problem with that is that the quality is a lot better when it's raw, straight off of Reason.
Quote by hug a llama
I usually just pretend I'm batman on duty. It makes me feel useful to society.

Quote by x_themetalfan_x
Penguins are ****ing creepy. They all just stand there, staring... with their EYES. Like beady eyed tuxedo clad stalkers.
Quote by saxaxe
Export the backing as mp3's and play them in iTunes or something of the sort with the right amount of time between songs.

Export them for sure.

If you prefer to do the switching yourself, have a band mate(s) solo or improvise in the down time.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
record the backing tracks to ADAT tapes and play those, this is what the majority of bands that use prerecorded/programmed material do.

DO NOT use mp3s, lossy audio sounds horrible at high volumes.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm