hey guys, sorry for another possibly stupid question but are the pickups in my guitar magnetic and if so can they cause the strings to pull towards the fretboard and therefore cause fret buzz? cos i have basically tried everything else thats been suggested (adjust truss rod and action) and even when the strings are quite high they seem to somehow buzz could lowering the pickups potentially solve my prediciment? thanks ug
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by lwayneio
hey guys, sorry for another possibly stupid question but are the pickups in my guitar magnetic and if so can they cause the strings to pull towards the fretboard and therefore cause fret buzz? cos i have basically tried everything else thats been suggested (adjust truss rod and action) and even when the strings are quite high they seem to somehow buzz could lowering the pickups potentially solve my prediciment? thanks ug

all pickups are magnetic... if the pickups are too close to the strings, it MAY cause some fret buzz, althought extremly small effect and very are....

I would say its either your technique, (your just starting out), or a bad guitar, bad frets, or... something else im missing..

btw, who adjusted your truss rod? was it you? if so... : /
All pickups are magnetic because they all contain magnets of differing types (ceramic, alnico2, alnico5). Maybe your pickups are just too close to the strings and they hit the pickups as they vibrate. Hold down the highest fret of the low E string. Now, look at your pickups from the side. Are they touching or almost touching the string? If so, lower the pickup a bit and repeat the procedure for the high E string.

On the other hand, you might have some uneven frets. Do some frets buzz or fail to sound a note on one string but sound out on the same fret on a different string? If so, you have some high frets. And you'd have to take it to a tech to level them.
i had some fret buzz on my rgr321 so i just raised the action a little bit and it went away
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard