Page 1 of 2
I have my Year 10 Work Experience in a month's time, and was wondering where everyone is going.

So: Where are you going? And to the older UGers, where did you go? Did you like it?

I'm going to the local radio station and I'm pretty excited - I'm gonna get to go on air and everything
I did mine at a photography studio. It wasn't too bad, but it got pretty tedious after spending two weeks doing nothing but photoshopping family photos.
I want to be a teacher, so I chose to be a teachers Aid at my old primary school. Easy job, they liked me, offered me odd jobs with them but I denied, don't like my old school. Worked 5 days, 9am-3.30pm and all I did was run some classes, teach some kids how to ride a bike and help the office.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
Mine is in a few months but my damn school hasn't told me where I've been put yet.
"Time doesn't exist here, we will never die."

-Celldweller
I worked in a small office and hated it. I only had to do about 3 hours work in evening though because I knew the boss and he said he'd give me good feedback anyway.
I went to kfc, and stayed there. =\

lol not really.
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
I worked for the Wolves (footie team i support), in the community department.
It involved dressing up as the mascot thrice
Quote by michal23
I'm going to the local radio station and I'm pretty excited - I'm gonna get to go on air and everything

Ditto
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
I worked at this weird couples' house writing questions for pub quiz machines.

I **** you not.
Quote by michal23
I have my Year 10 Work Experience in a month's time, and was wondering where everyone is going.

So: Where are you going? And to the older UGers, where did you go? Did you like it?

I did mine with BT as a telecommunications engineer and it was great. We had 2 or 3 jobs a day, which only took an hour or so, then went back to the office place and sat in the cafe all day. Everyone i met was hilarious too
I went quantity surveying with my local council - I'm really glad i did it, cos now I KNOW I NEVER want to work in an office, I still enjoyed it though -got to go out measuring stuff with a plumbline and this computer thing.
Quote by treflip
I did mine at a photography studio. It wasn't too bad, but it got pretty tedious after spending two weeks doing nothing but photoshopping family photos.

that sounds really kewl

-

i did mine at an infant school. some of it was really kewl, cause there was a hawt guy there doing his work experience too...
but sum of it was really really gay

little kids RULE <3 so cute. i worked with year 2
I'm going to a music store. Very original.
Quote by zapatista89
you know the music from zelda that plays when you open a chest? that played in my head reading that headline.
I worked at a veterinary surgery for two weeks during my summer holiday as there was no other time they could fit me in. It was pretty good but it made me realise I don't want to be a vet.
For my work experience, I worked at Marylebone Library....It was pretty damn fun apart from the day 7/7 happened...The library is only a few minutes away from where the bus blew up, I think.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
I worked at nationwide building society

They stuck me in a basement, on my own, sorting out old payment slips by date.
But after about 5 minutes i stuck my i-pod on took all the elastic bands of their originally filed payment slips and flicked them into a bucket at the opposite end of the room.
Needless to say the reference i received was not great.
I had a good sig once....

ah who am i kidding
I have mine after the GCSE's next year. I wrote to Pete Hill (the music photographer) and naturally he hasn't replied. So I'll keep writing to photographers and if that all leads nowhere then maybe Guitarist magazine and then if not PMT in Southend.
I did mine in a recording studio with my mate.

It was shit-boring. All we did was sit around and watch bands doing take after take of the same fill or section, dull as fuck. We just ended up getting stoned all the time instead, much more productive use of time.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
i did mine 2 weeks ago at derringers (Australian instrument store). Great week

Proud member of the Stratocaster Lover's Group
I went to my old primary school with a mate for mine. Was the best 2 weeks of my School life. So much fun . I don't even want to be a teacher, but going there meant (ment?) a 2 minute walk.....
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

I did mine last year at a guitar shop I spent 2 weeks playing guitar to my hearts content
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
I just did mine at Hobby Craft. Out of all the place's my school could have put me they put me in Hobby Craft. I cannot describe how terribly boring it was just walking around putting out stock every single god damn day. On the second to last day my mate came since I was on myself there but he ended up getting kicked out.
So yh I'd rather die then work in a shop most boringest thing you could ever possibly do.
i'm doing mine in a month aswell, tried getting into recording studios and radios but they all refused cos of insurance i'm going to a guitar shop now lol
bloody hell,it seems like ages ago.
I went to an aviation/hovercraft/military engineering company.
I saw stuff from light aircraft to pieces of a nuclear sub(just rudders),battleship gun covers,pieces of a hercules aircraft,a hovercraft,emergency train doors,and the like.
I can't tell you the name of the company,for obvious reasons.

Spent time in near enough every department in the company,it was so much fun...I even managed to get my product design coursework done when I was in the graphic engineering room

Just make sure you get something out of it.
I did one of my weeks in y12 (my school does it later) in a Vets. Boring as hell, but when I did something, it made sure I want to be a vets. It was only boring because the vets would periodically have to go and do paperwork, so I was left with 3 hour lunch breaks. The novelty wears off.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
In a guitar shop suprisingly.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
I did mine at Natterjacks - awesome clothing store in Kingston... and got hired!
It doesn't matter where you work... as long as you think you'll enjoy it i s'pose...
My school couldn't find me anything in time but my mum's friend hooked me up with a real job for some council office that my school counted as work experience, and i ended up making £900 during the summer holidays!
Quote by Trefellin
I got into a fight with Handel once, he baroque my nose.

Quote by leeb rocks
Seth Govans your guitar teacher? God. am I jealous.
I'm going with my Dad. He is a consultant engineer, but he's taking the week off to go fishing with me
I did mine about 6/7 years ago in a cyber café.

Basically 2 weeks of playing games all day every day.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

I was going to go to Music Zone, except they went bankrupt and I had nowhere for 2 weeks, I did coursework instead at school. It was funny to see the amount of people who had their w/ cancelled.
NOPE.
Quote by michal23

I had mine 2 weeks ago. I went to a website designers. It was, to put it plainly, ****!

Your's sounds amazing! How kick-ass will that be!!!!
Guitars:
Ibanez GRG170DX
A crap little half-size starter guitar

Pedals:
Digitech RP90

Amps:
Roland Cube 30X
A cheap 10W
i did it a couple of weeks back in a guitar shop, there wernt many customers or that many jobs to do,so we basically got to try out most of the intruments and amps, good people there too
i worked at a co-op... yay...
on the bright side... it was from 9am to 1pm... only four hours

though there was a very scary freezer there...
there was no light or door handle on the inside and a hole in the floor (just big enough to fit a foot in)... and it was quite a big freezer... i had to put loads of boxers the other side...not easy...
Quote by lexieangel
still good experience XD
what you wanna be when your older?

Well I'm not too sure just yet, I would love to be a musician. But I like photography as well.
I guess we'll see in a few years.
Quote by zapatista89
you know the music from zelda that plays when you open a chest? that played in my head reading that headline.
Page 1 of 2