I'm looking at buying an LP copy for about $400-500. I have my eyes on the Agile AL-3000 and the Michael Kelly Patriot, both close to the same price. There are no stores nearby for me to try any of them out to see which one I like better. Both get great reviews and seem to be high quality and value.

Has anyone tried them both out? I hear that they're both good to buy without trying (I don't like doing it, but don't seem to have a choice), but I'd like to know which one should be the better guitar.

michael kelly patriot: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Michael-Kelly-Patriot-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=512296
agile al-3000: http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000natspalted.html
ESP (metal), Vintage (blues) or Tokai (all-round). Beats any Agile or MK.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
ESP (metal), Vintage (blues) or Tokai (all-round). Beats any Agile or MK.

MrFlibble (dumbas s) I played both and i preferred the MK but there wasn't much of a difference so go on preference.
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

Get the Patriot in the faded black and people will be envious. I've always been astonished by every Michael Kelly I've played. Spectacular guitars for the price.

Just some more food for thought, the Hagstrom Deluxe is on sale for $300, which is such a steal. The necks on those Hagstroms are VERY thin, if that's what you're into.

Quote by TheBax
why don't you just get an Epiphone?

Because the Michael Kelly is a much better guitar for less money.

People buy Epiphone LPs and SGs when they don't know enough about guitars to buy something better. I know from experience.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Jun 2, 2008,
Quote by TheBax
why don't you just get an Epiphone?

Oh EM GEE gosh... he won't get an epi because agile and micheal kelly are FAR more supperior. UNLESS if he tried out like 30+ epis and finds a rare good one i say get agile and pup change!
Quote by FacingUsAll
People buy Epiphone LPs and SGs when they don't know enough about guitars to buy something better. I know from experience.

agreed. and then look down on your guitar because it's not officially endorsed by gibson...

(by the way, i haven't tried michael kellies or agiles, so i can't comment on how good those are)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by umbrellacorp
MrFlibble (dumbas s) I played both and i preferred the MK but there wasn't much of a difference so go on preference.
Hurrah, pointless flaming from a little kid who doesn't get the point.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
id say MK.. i tried one and felt nice... ended up getting a PRS SE for a nice price... but it was really based on the feel (i love PRS necks)... but the locking tuners on the MK and overall craftmanship for the price is really really good
Hagstrom.

Nuff' said.
Guitars
------------------

Epiphone SG w/seymour duncan JB's

Hagstrom Super Swede

Amp
-----------------

Traynor YCV50 BLUE

Pedals
------------------

Line 6 DL-4

Boss TU-2
MK or Hagstrom.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Do they make good quality 'no-body' guitar, like Hagstrom, MK, and Agile, with a good whammy bar? heh
Member of the Thrash Brotherhood

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
Quote by klb93
Do they make good quality 'no-body' guitar, like Hagstrom, MK, and Agile, with a good whammy bar? heh

I'm fairly certain that you can custom order an Agile with an OFR for an extra fee.