ok ive never had a tube amp! there i said it fact is im horrible at choosing amps, i don't know why. i even have a mg so this summer im saving for a tube amp! smart right? so anyway i have a horrible budget 500 dollars max. im open to non-namebrand amps and anything unorothodox. i would like something with decent wattage above like 30 wats and really good tone im about ready to chuck my current amps out the window.

i play many types of music i would like a amp that handles classic rock and has that perfect touch to compliment my SG.
Quote by jakewynnrocks
marshall has half stacks for only 600, but i dont know if theyre any good. seems like a good deal....
you won't need more than 30 watts with a tube amp. even 15 watters can be loud enough for gigs.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Epi Blues Custom 30? I think it's just slightly over your budget...50 bucks or so but i think no 30watters go for 500. Try looking for used stuff. They go cheaper.

Maybe you could get a 15 watter. and later get an extension cab. just a suggestion. 15 watt tube combos sound as loud, or even louder than 40-50 watt solid state amps.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Quote by lithium26
Epi Blues Custom 30? I think it's just slightly over your budget...50 bucks or so but i think no 30watters go for 500. Try looking for used stuff. They go cheaper.

Maybe you could get a 15 watter. and later get an extension cab. just a suggestion. 15 watt tube combos sound as loud, or even louder than 40-50 watt solid state amps.

My Blues Junior rivals the volume of my friend's 120W 212 solid state. Then again, it's a solid state, and sounds like crap when cranked....

My Blues Junior can go over a drum set, easily and without breakup. Tube amps actually sound better when cranked (but that doesn't mean they only sound good cranked). And with a nice distortion pedal, a Blues Junior can do anything. But if you've got a cheap and crappy distortion, it will sound cheaper and crappier on a tube amp than a solid state. I used to have a cheap and crappy distortion that sounded almost decent with my SS amp, but in my tube amp, it sounded like crap.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90