i just recently bought a Marshall JCM 800 2210 model(i think thats what it is, it has a gain knob that the 2203 doesn't have...i believe) anyways this being my first tube amp i wanna know......how should i care for it? cleaning wise? i know that you turn the power on and let the tubes warm up for a couple mins, then turn the standby on and in reverse order when you turn it off, but how do i clean it to make it look new? and how do i replace tubes and re-bias it?
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
Well, as for rebiasing and retubing...Bob at Eurotubes has a video how-to (demonstrating on a Marshall) on the Eurotubes site. It's super simple fo sho. For cleaning, any vinyl cleaner will clean the tolex. Umm you can also get a can of potentiometer/contact cleaner to clean pots, switches and jacks.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Standby should be on before you switch it on.

Switch standby on > Switch power on > Standby off after a minute or so > Standby on when finished playing for a minute or so > Power off.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
where are the pots located?
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
the things that run your volume and such, like the things the knobs turn
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Standby should be on before you switch it on.

Switch standby on > Switch power on > Standby off after a minute or so > Standby on when finished playing for a minute or so > Power off.

No. for the amp he has, it's not like that. For him, he'll turn on the power switch (red one), wait, then turn on the standby (black switch). It doesn't matter what order you turn it off, as long as both switches get turned off.

There really isn't much to do to care for it on a daily basis. Some things you could do it keep it plugged in to a surge protector, keep the amp in a "room temperature" & dry room. once in a while use some electrical contact cleaner to clean the pots inside.

once in a while I'll play the amp really loud for a couple minutes just to stretch its legs.

As for tubes/biasing, you'll need further education, and equipment to do this so in the mean time, just pay an amp tech $20-30 at first, and maybe he'll teach you how. There are many sources online to teach you as well.

Here are what pots look like:
cool. thanx...ugh where can i find what tubes are compatible for this head?