Page 1 of 4
Why so much tension?? At WArped and various other places (cough Bamboozlecough) THe HArdcore kids attack the skank pits, and crowd kill all the ska kids. Why? I still wonder why everyone can't just have a good time at a show, instead of people beating on each other.

E
Quote by BrianApocalypse
The only thing warped in the warped tour is the warped ideals of punk.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I've never heard of this before. (Hardcore kids are just ex-ska kids anyway amirite?)

Anyway, I DO know that neither hardcore kids nor rude boys go to warped or bamboozle.
Yeah, do you mean metalcore crews? They do that cause they failed to exam to become cops but still want to beat people up for no reason.
i thought this was gonna be about which ones are cuter.

dissapointing

i cast my vote to the hardcore boys anyways. they are so cute when they're angry!
because of this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=huINd8z3zbk

But on the real realz, this whole situation boils down to the enigmatic question, "Do people who partake in a funny dance have the authority to make fun of other people who do a (different) funny dance?"
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Quote by Nielsyboy
I don't know

for some reason, that being the first post made me laugh really hard

Jack my swag
Quote by LowE
THe HArdcore kids attack the skank pits, and crowd kill all the ska kids.

how a hardcore kid could go about killing any one at all amazes me. at the concerts i go to they get their asses kicked in the pit.

and outside.

and pretty much all the way home.

fucking hardcore kids.
everytime hardcore kids see a pit opening up, they get exciting and tie up their bandanas to go in and dance
As usual the anti ska comments commence. Anyway-----

It still eludes me, why we all can't get along. When faced with jackassery, I can't really help myself but to return the favor.

So, I like Ska, I like the attitude, I like the music, I like the mind-set, a lot.

I hate buzzkills.
Quote by LowE
As usual the anti ska comments commence. Anyway-----

It still eludes me, why we all can't get along. When faced with jackassery, I can't really help myself but to return the favor.

So, I like Ska, I like the attitude, I like the music, I like the mind-set, a lot.

I hate buzzkills.

...where were the anti-ska comments?
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
DanRev and Rockthe40 above us. It doesn't really matter, ska is kind of a step-child on these boards anyway, and I suppose there's really nothing wrong with that.

Getting along should be the focus. Unity?
Quote by LowE
DanRev and Rockthe40 above us. It doesn't really matter, ska is kind of a step-child on these boards anyway, and I suppose there's really nothing wrong with that.

Getting along should be the focus. Unity?

They were just saying that the people who think Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake are the greatest ska bands ever shouldn't really count as rudies
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by waterproofpie

But on the real realz, this whole situation boils down to the enigmatic question, "Do people who partake in a funny dance have the authority to make fun of other people who do a (different) funny dance?"

i agree 100% with that, ive had some hardcore kids give me **** for skankin and then they turn around and start two steppin....
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by SuperBlob
They were just saying that the people who think Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake are the greatest ska bands ever shouldn't really count as rudies
+1
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
You're likely not talking about real hardcore kids or rudies. If you mean metalcore vs. Reel Big Fish fans, I don't know, because metalcore kids think violence and crews are cool?
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by waterproofpie

That video was awesome. "They play live!"

The ensuing post was also awesome.
I like ska too. I dont like these ska kids. I mean... third wave ska is such a small genre nowdays, it's not fashionable like it was a fair few years ago, and being a "ska kid" always seemed like a really really small subculture, not like being "punk" which would suggest they listen to a few different genres. Being a ska kid suggests to me you listen to a genre in which the best or bigget bands have split up or gone **** and nothing else. Even then, most of these kids dont listen to or have even heard of first wave ska, so you're cutting out a huge portion of your chosen genre.

I just think it's really pointless. Fair enough back when it was the "fashionable" thing to be, but nowdays? You're just being really niche for the hell of it.
I swear to God theres nothing but elitists here who tell people they aren't punk.

You go to a show you're not punk? Which elitist punk textbook did you so arrogantly find this? Some people go to Warped Tour because its a festival of music with some decent bands that come around every now and then.

Sorry I went to Warped Tour to see Buzzcocks. Which elitist here do I send my formal written apology?

Kooks.
Quote by KingsofSka
I swear to God theres nothing but elitists here who tell people they aren't punk.

You go to a show you're not punk? Which elitist punk textbook did you so arrogantly find this? Some people go to Warped Tour because its a festival of music with some decent bands that come around every now and then.

Sorry I went to Warped Tour to see Buzzcocks. Which elitist here do I send my formal written apology?

Kooks.

You're only allowed if Buzzcocks are playing.

Paragraph 3, subsection 8 of the punx constitution.
Thanx President.

Do I speak with you through the forums or should I directly message you with any concerns that need to be admonished by a high ranking Elitist?
I propose that we amend the punx constitution in regards to the paragraph stating that you may only attend Warped Tour if The Buzzcocks are playing. This is entirely too lenient. I say that we should implement the following changes:

1) You may only go to see The Casualties without any prior approval.
2) Going to see any other band must be approved by a board of at least 5 punk forum regulars.
3) Vomiting, pissing, ****ting or bleeding on a request to see a band will be considered a valid way of denying the request.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Up not having a sense of humor, nor anything worthwhile to contribute to the rare serious discussions!
Same presumptuous feel. I never actually felt that their was anyone real here just a bunch of kids relieving stress so they go on the forum to bash bands they actually listen to and pretend to listen to bands they have no clue about.
I'm not sure how you pretend to listen to a band.

I guess with imaginary headphones.
Quote by sargasm
It's actually a very different set of posters for the most part.

Yes

Hello

And:

Quote by KingsofSka
Same presumptuous feel. I never actually felt that their was anyone real here just a bunch of kids relieving stress so they go on the forum to bash bands they actually listen to and pretend to listen to bands they have no clue about.

Seriously, read through that again and honestly tell me it makes sense

What would be the point of bashing bands we listen to?

Loads of us admit listening to "unp0nX" bands. I like a load of video game music, for example, and I don't give a **** how nerdy it is. In fact, I'm currently listening to Weezer. So sue me.

And anyway, why would we come to a forum filled with other people who like punk to pretend to listen to punk? There would really be no point.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Last edited by SuperBlob at Jun 5, 2008,
Quote by SuperBlob

Seriously, read through that again and honestly tell me it makes sense

What would be the point of bashing bands we listen to?

Loads of us admit listening to "unp0nX" bands. I like a load of video game music, for example, and I don't give a **** how nerdy it is. In fact, I'm currently listening to Weezer. So sue me.

And anyway, why would we come to a forum filled with other people who like punk to pretend to listen to punk? There would really be no point.

I even admit to listen to p0nx bands like The Casulaties which is much braver here
ive been around for a while even though im not a real heavy poster or a "regular" but ive never felt an elitist attitude in this place at all, well except from Mr. Johnny Skull**** himself but what do you expect he's always right
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Page 1 of 4