ok so i havent been a mesa fan really, i was more of a carvin V3 or a peavy 6505 fan. but lately ive been liking the roadking not the roadking II. would anyone like to elaborate why i might like it, also how much it costs and all the blarney.
The RKII is pretty stinkin' cool IMO. A friend has the combo and for a 2x12, its more than enough for a LARGE room. When paired with his 4x12 (6 12's at once), its a bit silly. It fills up so much space.

There are a lot of [independent] options for each of the 4 channels, and each channel is well defined from the others. You can get great cleans out of it, and amazing distortion. Its not too over the top and even the distorted channels offer decent clarity.

I believe the combo is less than $2500 new, but I'm not sure exactly.

In terms of bang for the buck, you could probably do better. The JSX combo doesn't offer as many channels, nor the near infinite tweakability of the RKII, but for usefulness in a pinch, the JSX [IMHO] does surpass the RKII.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Check out the Rivera stuff also. They really do blow the Mesa stuff away and thats hard for me to say since I have been playing mesa for a long time.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
How is Rivera pricewise?
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
I'm not sure why you'd like the RK I over the RK II, but the prices for new ones can be found in my sig. Usually the heads go used in the $1800+ range. GC had one for sale for $1650 on their used section a few weeks ago, it's probably gone now though.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Very competive I have about 2300.00 stuck in my head and cab. I did stick with the mesa cab tho, they are some of the best cabs out there. And they do sell some less expensive combos that sound really nice also.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by MatrixClaw
I'm not sure why you'd like the RK I over the RK II, but the prices for new ones can be found in my sig. Usually the heads go used in the $1800+ range. GC had one for sale for $1650 on their used section a few weeks ago, it's probably gone now though.

I finally played a Series II and in comparison to the series I, which I have on Ebay at this very moment...

The series 1 has a much richer harmonic content in the drive channels. The biggest improvements as far as the clean channel goes on the Series II is that there is more headroom and more sparkle.

IMO, if you're buying a Roadking, you're buying it for the distortion, in which the Series I can shiit all over the series II.

My starting price on Ebay is $1,700.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Jees i wish Mesa was as cheap in the UK, we're expected to pay £3000 for a RKII combo
Quote by vitchb
Jees i wish Mesa was as cheap in the UK, we're expected to pay £3000 for a RKII combo

Ouch!

I'd go with an ENGL Invader or Diezel Herbert or Cornford hellcat if i had to pay that much for a roadking.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Iv'e never seen a deizel supplier in the UK, but even the european amps like ENGL dont go cheap. The only amps we get cheaper here seem to be Laney iv'e noticed, prehaps marshall a bit.