A couple of years ago i bought a MIM HSS strat. Over the few years I've been playing I also got a Jaguar and a Tele, and I've modded the HSS strat to SSS. It now has stock neck and mid pickups, and a Lindy Fralin blues special on the bridge position.

I want a fat-sounding "vintagey" humbucker sound, and I can barely get it with my Jaguar, let alone the tele, and I cannot sell the strat (tried to 2 times, sentimental value) so that leaves me with the option of converting it back to HSS.

I like the lindy fralin pickup, so I want to keep it. And I'm thinking of a Duncan Seth Lover or an Alnico II Pro in the bridge position, and the Lindy Fralin bridge pickup in the middle position, with the stock neck pickup on the neck position. Is this a good idea?

and please help me choose a bridge pickup. I can't decide between the two. I want a fat vintage sounding humbucker sound with my alder bodied strat. Seeing that my strat isn't a les paul, i want a bridge position sound that resembles a les paul.

Also, i want my tone knobs to be able to control the tone of all 3 pickups. is there a way to make the first tone knob control the neck and mid, and the second tone knob to control the humbucker? from my old HSS strat days, the bridge humbucker cannot be adjuted.

thanks a lot for the help.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Lace Sensor reds sound like killer humbuckers and they're still single coils
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Quote by lithium26
...I want a fat vintage sounding humbucker sound with my alder bodied strat. Seeing that my strat isn't a les paul, i want a bridge position sound that resembles a les paul...
A wise guitar sage once told me that the DiMarzio Tone Zone was designed for this very purpose.

The truth of this is unknown to me, but from my experience with the Tone Zone, it may be just what the doctor ordered for you.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Is my translation bad?
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
I actually like your plan, but I'd take the Fralin pup and just sell it, I don't know if you'd use it much in the middle position. It's also probably not a reverse-wound pup.