Page 1 of 2
People who did Edexcel..
you know that trigonometry question. one of the last ones.
how do u do it because i kept getting "math error" on my calculator when i tried doing the Cos -1 (56.whatever) thing
??
on the 'draw this 3-d shape question mine looked too retarded, so I left the examiner a note.
Bristol Rovers

Up the Gas!

Please, call me Joe.
Quote by Craigo
I had EdExcel A Level Maths today, that went swell.

Don't say that GCSE Maths is tricky; real Maths starts at A Level kids

Me too

C1 was ****ing easy, C2 not so much, but still not that bad.

What did you think of it?
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by SuperBlob
Me too

C1 was ****ing easy, C2 not so much, but still not that bad.

What did you think of it?

My mate said that, I thought the other way around.

Well, C1 was okay for me, tricky but I'll only done slightly worse than expected I reckon, but C2 seemed like a walk in the park.

EDIT: What about the tangent to the curve one? Two of my mates had to do it using C4 methods as they saw no other way to do it.
The GCSE one I did (whatever exam board, can't remember) was easy.

I think I did Edexcel, and I don't know why you were getting math error on that question, cos I got it right.
Quote by Craigo
I had EdExcel A Level Maths today, that went swell.

Don't say that GCSE Maths is tricky; real Maths starts at A Level kids

i agree with this guy, A level maths is proper maths, but i still helped out about 5 people yesterday for their GCSE maths today, if u do A level GCSE seems really easy.

but even normal A level maths seems easy compared to futher maths!!!!

why did i take futher maths???? it is very very hard, you normal maths guys don't know hard until u have done futher maths :P

but yeah i found core 1 and core 2 quite easy tbf.
Guitars:
  • 40th Annivesary Strat USA
  • BC Rich Mockingbird ST
  • ESP LTD M200UC w/ BKP Aftermath's
  • Parker P38
  • Ibanez RG7321 w/D-sonic and Liquifire
  • Tangglewood TW47 B
  • PRS SE 245
  • Edwards E-EX-110D Stain Cloudy Black
Quote by TEK34
I did AQA

I did crap. Had Resistant materials on AQA in the morning as well.

ive had exactly the same tests as you

but resistant materials = foundation
maths = higher
i did the AQA, and missed out only the last 3 questions, i seriously didnt understand that ka^X one at all

and i also had problems with the trigonemtry one too
Quote by hammyguitarist9
i agree with this guy, A level maths is proper maths, but i still helped out about 5 people yesterday for their GCSE maths today, if u do A level GCSE seems really easy.

but even normal A level maths seem easy compared to futher maths!!!!

why did i take futher maths???? it is very very hard, you normal maths guys don't know hard until u ahve done futher maths :P

but yeah i found core 1 and core 2 quite easy tbf.

I've seen degree level Maths papers, I know that Maths just gets harder and harder... I use it as a motivation though, as I know I can do this, because it gets harder later on.

But, yeah, I swear, if you're reading this right now and you're doing GCSE Maths, get someone doing A Level to help you revise. You won't regret it at all.
Quote by Craigo
My mate said that, I thought the other way around.

Well, C1 was okay for me, tricky but I'll only done slightly worse than expected I reckon, but C2 seemed like a walk in the park.

EDIT: What about the tangent to the curve one? Two of my mates had to do it using C4 methods as they saw no other way to do it.

I just differentiated it to get the gradient and then put the P values of X and Y in, I think. It came out ridiculous numbers, but it worked
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
I think I did EdExcel, but I got it all pretty easily except the last question. Describe the thing you were talking about in more detail and maybe I can help.

EDIT: Evidently I did AQA because the one I didn't get was the one with y=ka^x.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Jun 2, 2008,
Quote by Craigo
I've seen degree level Maths papers, I know that Maths just gets harder and harder... I use it as a motivation though, as I know I can do this, because it gets harder later on.

yeah true, i can only see it getting harder from here on, but i am ready to take it on. I am hoping to do some kind of maths degree eventually, maybe a masters???
Guitars:
  • BC Rich Mockingbird ST
  • Parker P38
  • Tangglewood TW47 B
  • PRS SE 245
It wasnt 56, the final asnwer was supposed to be 82.65 or something

The VERY last question....was apparnetly a twisted up simeltaneous equation? WTF? I did NOT get that. I thought the whole thing was okay, the last three questions were ghey though, although all in all were like 10 marks...

But I got that error, then I rearragned my eqation to

Cos A= b^2+c^2-a^2
all divided by 2xbxc

The ^2 means to the power of three
then i ended up with a proper answer
anyways it was 3 marks, you'll get alteast one for method so dont worry mate

good luck with the rest of your exams

and excuse my ****ty grammar
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Quote by griffRG7321
i did the AQA, and missed out only the last 3 questions, i seriously didnt understand that ka^X one at all

and i also had problems with the trigonemtry one too

yeah wtf was that one about? I got the most random answer ever and I know it was wrong lol otherwise very easy exam
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Quote by ForfeitTheGame
People who did Edexcel..
you know that trigonometry question. one of the last ones.
how do u do it because i kept getting "math error" on my calculator when i tried doing the Cos -1 (56.whatever) thing
??

was your calculator is degrees mode?!?!>
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Quote by SuperBlob

I just differentiated it to get the gradient and then put the P values of X and Y in, I think. It came out ridiculous numbers, but it worked

i did something even easier, make a line from the centre to the point it gave you, and then find the perpendicular line, it is exactly the same as the tangent
Guitars:
  • BC Rich Mockingbird ST
  • Parker P38
  • Tangglewood TW47 B
  • PRS SE 245
Quote by SuperBlob

Dammit! Yeah, I keep forgetting that dy/dx gives you the gradient. It's so basic it's so easy to forget...
Quote by nikhil101
yeah wtf was that one about? I got the most random answer ever and I know it was wrong lol otherwise very easy exam

Shit, you did the same exam as me and you live right near me.

I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by ForfeitTheGame
i dont know what that means =S

Your calculator has different modes. It probably was in degrees, you won't need any other mode until at least A Level Maths.

You should of put in Cos^-1(0.56), as Cos has values between -1 and 1.
It was fine for me, pretty easy.

Plus, I never have to remember anything from maths ever ever ever again.

Fucking sweet.
Funny words.
Quote by break-me-in
Shit, you did the same exam as me and you live right near me.

Yeah! I've actually moved I don't live in Sutton I live in Carshalton, still Surrey obviously. Actually I live right near to that stabbing story thats on the news(http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2057765/Two-children-die-of-suspected-stab-wounds-in-Surrey.html), like maybe 100 m away? I had to walk past there to school - loads of police right there...
Quote by thegreensquall
I think my younger brother had that exam today :/ he was telling me what he'd done for some of the questions, total facepalm moments.
woo i did that exam... probs full, ish marks shuld get my a* and defo doing it and further for a-level not good how everyone say it was hard
Last edited by wooftang999 at Jun 2, 2008,
AQA exam - piss easy. Im super confident on all except one

then again, the last exam i ****ed up big time on. Made so many stupid mistakes.

I revised loads for the last one, and not much for this one. What does this prove children

History and English tomorrow though
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
Quote by nikhil101
Yeah! I've actually moved I don't live in Sutton I live in Carshalton, still Surrey obviously. Actually I live right near to that stabbing story thats on the news(http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2057765/Two-children-die-of-suspected-stab-wounds-in-Surrey.html), like maybe 100 m away? I had to walk past there to school - loads of police right there...

I actually hadn't heard about that until you just posted it, but it doesn't surprise me. Sutton is a really crappy area, and occasionally that spills over to the places nearby.

Where do you go to school?

Quote by flipthatchicken
hah screw you all....
foundation tier baby!! if i dont get 100% i will be dissapointed.

You realise you can't get more than a C?
If I get 100%, I've got an A*. If you get 100%, you've got a C, I think, although I'm not sure.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I took my own calculator but I was used to the ones in school, so used theres... first didn't show the numbers properly, swapped it, the next you couldn't press the number seven or the decimal point button... and I didn't realise until about half way through, and had to go back and change my answers.

Unless I made stupid mistakes on the questions I thought I got right, I should pass.
Quote by CrowLord

then again, the last exam i ****ed up big time on. Made so many stupid mistakes.

I revised loads for the last one, and not much for this one. What does this prove children

Lol, What's actually on the first paper?

I don't have a history exam
Quote by CrowLord

That this exam was easier?

Quote by CrowLord

Yeah, my hand is gonna be so fucking sore.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
You realise you can't get more than a C?
If I get 100%, I've got an A*. If you get 100%, you've got a C, I think, although I'm not sure.

yes i realise that lol
but i hate maths and i have never been able to do it, and all i need is my maths to be good for me to get into 6th form
the first question on one i did on a past paper was, "draw a line of exactly 8cm"
and today, the HARDEST question, the very last one, was a simple pythagoras one
and the 2 sides i had been given already, were 3 and 4, therefore the other one is obviously 5, pythagorean triple ftw!!
Quote by hammyguitarist9
i did something even easier, make a line from the centre to the point it gave you, and then find the perpendicular line, it is exactly the same as the tangent

...godamnit

What answer did you get? I want to see if mine was right

It ended in -141, I know that much
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by Ziggums
Lol, What's actually on the first paper?

I don't have a history exam

First paper of history or first paper of english?

History is 1919-1939 and USA case study

English is analyse the media and some writing thing
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
Quote by flipthatchicken
yes i realise that lol
but i hate maths and i have never been able to do it, and all i need is my maths to be good for me to get into 6th form
the first question on one i did on a past paper was, "draw a line of exactly 8cm"
and today, the HARDEST question, the very last one, was a simple pythagoras one
and the 2 sides i had been given already, were 3 and 4, therefore the other one is obviously 5, pythagorean triple ftw!!

By the sounds of it, you could've taken higher and probably got at least a B. I'm not that good at Maths, and I found the test ridiculously easy.

& at the 8cm thing.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Page 1 of 2