http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAXPT700

I like this guitar, but i'm not getting it for a while, this is just a future planning thing.

But i've heard nothing but bad things about the Edge III Tremolo bridge on it, so would it be a good idea to change it out for another one, and if so, what kind. (I want another tremolo.)
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Jun 2, 2008,
Quote by UncleCthulhu
I thought they had Edge Zero's on them :s

Same.

But if you really want to swap it out, I suggest getting an Original Floyd Rose.
Quote by aznmetalhead93
Same.

But if you really want to swap it out, I suggest getting an Original Floyd Rose.

oh, that's what OFR stands for.

But don't you have to change the spring tention or something when you change from, lets say, standard tuning to drop D?
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
oh, that's what OFR stands for.

But don't you have to change the spring tention or something when you change from, lets say, standard tuning to drop D?

You'd have to do that on most floating trems to compensate for the change in tension created by the strings.
Quote by minibrowny
You'd have to do that on most floating trems to compensate for the change in tension created by the strings.

This.
Quote by minibrowny

is it an @ss to deal with, or is it worth it? Not in relativity to the edge III, but just having a tremolo, is it worth it?
O O

___
Are you going to use it? - that is the question. Are they worth it to you. I love mine, but some people can't be bothered.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Quote by TheBax
is it an @ss to deal with, or is it worth it? Not in relativity to the edge III, but just having a tremolo, is it worth it?

Well it is yeah, you can get an EVH D-Tuna though, which allows you to use the fine tuner to drop tune. I had my strat trem floating for a while, and it was nice, but i like bending with open strings and it sets the other strings out of tune while you bend. But if you think you'll use it a lot then I'd get it. You can always block it or get a Tremel-no