well, ive been playing for about 3 months now and can you recomend some songs that i should try and learn???? im ccurrently learning sweet child o mine and i cant get past the flippin intro, the intro to thunderstruck, and Great balls of fire by the fisfits and im stuck on the solo.......... any easy songs i should try to learn?????

ps. im really fed up of being able to play intros only!!!!!!!
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
I think your trying to hard.

If your ego will allow it, start with easy songs like twinkle twinkle little star, the saints come marching in,.... and through the fire and flames.

Taking baby steps when learning how to play the guitar is important, so don't overwhelm yourself.
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.

Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.

...With regards to guitar building, so get your mind out of the gutter you!
does it reapeat throuh the whole song? cuz i can play tnt andthat is 2 easy......thnkz for tryin do
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
Quote by Pibbz
well, ive been playing for about 3 months now and can you recomend some songs that i should try and learn???? im ccurrently learning sweet child o mine and i cant get past the flippin intro, the intro to thunderstruck, and Great balls of fire by the fisfits and im stuck on the solo.......... any easy songs i should try to learn?????

ps. im really fed up of being able to play intros only!!!!!!!

Then learn the whole song. Quite jumping around to other songs and focus. That's the only way, IMO.
Smoke On The Water's guitar solo is hard for a beginner. I recommend Smokin' In The Boy's Room - first learn the Brownsville Station version then, Motley Crue's. Another easy one is Knockin' On Heaven's Door by Guns N Roses another real easy solo. and then, Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love by Van Halen. I Wanna Be Sedated by The Ramones. I have the solo for the Brownsville Station song already tabbed on this site it's written in a way that anyone can play it. Listed as "Smokin' In The Boys Room" (Solo)
Try:

Knockin On Heavens Door-GNR

Don't Cry-Gnr

(Keep working on the intro to SCOM btw, you won't regret it later)

Intro solo for Fade to Black

Are You Gonna Be My Girl-Jet

Anything good from AC/DC (Back in Black, Highway, Hells Bells, You Shook Me etc.)

Working on Stairway To Heaven will make you a much better player overall if you start working on it early.

The Ocean- Led Zeppelin

Living Loving Maid is another easy Zep song

Californication-Red Hot Chili Peppers

If your into blues, try some B.B. King

Blackbird-Beatles

Nothing Else Matters-Mettalica

Talk Dirty To Me-Poison

Blink 182- Dammit

...And that's all I can up with right now. They're all pretty challenging, but they'll make you that much more better of a guitarist then playing Smoke On The Water(sorry uvq )

EDIT: Oh, and learn how to alternate pick early, if you haven't already
Last edited by GNR-FAN at Jun 2, 2008,
There is a song suggestion thread at the top of the forum; please use that

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out