How do you get this? I realize this is a noob question but I never actually learned how to do this...
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Amp needs to be loud enough that its speaker causes ur strings to keep vibrating. then u control it by moving the guitar in relation to the speaker
1. block like strings you dont want to make a noise with..
2. leave it and listen, or pick and note an leave it until it makes the noise itself...
3. if the thicker strings are making a noise when you dont want them to, try positioning yourself away from amp..
4. a good way is to turn distortion down and put volume up... gets more control over the feedback
it's a bit of an oxymoron, really.
To produce feedback, just get your pickups close to the cabinet and things will start humming, but what you can do to "control" the feedback is pretty limited. Moving back and forth, side to side, tilting the guitar.
Really you've just got to know the amp and hope the sound is what you're going for.
For some strange reason, I find that if I hit a B note, feedback will come much quicker than with any other note...
Ok i think I have the wrong term here. I mean what froosh does in this video at around 5 minutes and continues for like half a minute.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Js9u9OyaYqk

What is that and how do you do it?
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
hmm. that's just amazingly ridiculously long ass sustain. and i'm not really sure how he's doing it?

He might have a small magnet in his hand that keeps the string vibrating...but i'm really not sure
best way to control feed back is to find a good nominal level at which you get feedback, but not so much that you instantly start feeding back. then just play with it, see how feedback is affected by where you stand, the angle of the guitar and everything else.
If it's crazy sustain you want then you should look at a thing called a Fernandes Sustainer. What it does it is vibrates the strings over and over so you can get near limitless sustain until the battery dies lol. It's great for getting feedback anywhere on the neck.

From the vid it just seems like he's letting it feedback with what sounds like a tremelo effect on it.
Quote by michal23
For some strange reason, I find that if I hit a B note, feedback will come much quicker than with any other note...

i once saw on some universe documentary that B was the "sound of the universe" that big hum that the big bang made was apparently B...

....and thats why were human beings. get it, B-ings lol

EDIT: Big Bang
from here.
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Last edited by Early Cuyler at Jun 2, 2008,
Just experiment I think, turn your volume and distortion up, if you have a small amp put it on a table.
I somehow am able to ring the 15th fret (D) on the B string infinitely, it seems to be a magical position or something because I can bend it etc. and it will keep ringing while I haven't been able to anywhere else on the fretboard.
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
Whenever i get and want feedback, my tone gets sucked away, can I fix this, or do I just don't use distortion.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by Psychedelico
How do you get this? I realize this is a noob question but I never actually learned how to do this...

1 - get tube amp
2 - turn up loud
3 - play with feedback
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
High gain produces feedback, having your guitar in an amp, mute all the strings, let the gutiar hang off your body, touch no strings, then knock on your fretboard when your fingering hand goes, that produces echo feedback which - is cool :P Other than that, there are variosu effect pedals that zone in and out on their own will, the most famous being the glorious fuzz factory