hey i'm gonna join the american football team at university so i was wondering if you american guys could give me a hand with gear

i'm going to california in the summer so i'll be able to pick up some footwear and gloves and **** while i'm there as its waaay cheaper plus nowhere sells them over here

which are the best cleats to get? hightops? low tops? adidas? nike?

i like the look fo the nike air zoom assassins
http://www.footballamerica.com/football/productDesc.do?productDesc=5972

thanks
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
I think the Adidas F50+ Series seem really nice.. i have them, too, and i am really excited of them!

<-- is a german football lover lol
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
haha no the F50s are 'soccer' boots, i'm talkign about american football lol i dont' really know much about it tbh
thanks though!
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

NFL players all seem to wear Reebok and Nike cleats, so maybe have a look at them?
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
You'll probably want high top cleats, so as not to get your shins stomped on. That hurts like hell!

And of course, you'll need a good mouthguard, you might want some gloves (depending on your position, there are different kinds of gloves). Maybe a wristband or an arm pad if you feel you need one. Other than that, everything else- belts, helmet, pads, etc- will probably be provided by the university.
Quote by uvq
dont say soccer.. its football

it's everywhere football, just in the united states it's "soccer" -.-

call it FOOTBALL dudes, let's start a revolution!!! (i hope the fbi doesn't see that)
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Quote by uvq
dont say soccer.. its football

yeah i'm one of those preachers but since i was talking to the yanks i thought i'd have to sayfootball as not to confuse them lol
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

when I played, I liked adidas cleats, not sure what kind anymore, but just that brand in general are good, and I always wore elbow pads, just cause...and you'll want a girdle, odn't use the pad in pants, cuz they come undone and before you realize it, you've already been hit there. get girdles that the pads are sown in, those are the $hit!
would i be best off waiting to learn what position i'll be playing before buying the gloves then?
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

you don't need those things to play american football...all you gotta do is gain about 300 pounds and you're in the zone!!!
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by samtewari
would i be best off waiting to learn what position i'll be playing before buying the gloves then?

depends, if you're big and muscular, best be getting LB/Lineman gloves, if you're small and fast/quick, WR or RB gloves, if you have an idea, then you'll be fine, i think
Quote by samtewari

Yeah, I would.

There aren't really "universal" gloves in (American) football, as far as I know, and if there are, I wouldn't count on them being amazing.

Finding positional gloves would be the thing I do.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by guitardude34875
depends, if you're big and muscular, best be getting LB/Lineman gloves, if you're small and fast/quick, WR or RB gloves, if you have an idea, then you'll be fine, i think

im about 5ft 8 and medium build - definately not skinny but not fat, just big build
i'd say i'm fairly quick and i suppose i'm quite powerful
i used to play football (soccer) quite alot so i've got a good kick especially out of my hands

don't know if you could give me any idea of what position i'd be good at out of that?

i don't know alot about it tbh, the coach at the uni said that when everyone starts at the university most people haven't played before
i've just been on howstuffworks to get the grasp of the rules
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

Quote by flipthatchicken
haha im an English football lover. i hate soccer.
but yea the assassins look killer!

Why are you talking like this? You are from Lincolnshire.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by samtewari
im about 5ft 8 and medium build - definately not skinny but not fat, just big build
i'd say i'm fairly quick and i suppose i'm quite powerful
i used to play football (soccer) quite alot so i've got a good kick especially out of my hands

don't know if you could give me any idea of what position i'd be good at out of that?

i don't know alot about it tbh, the coach at the uni said that when everyone starts at the university most people haven't played before
i've just been on howstuffworks to get the grasp of the rules

Kicker
Punter
Tight End (Blocks for the QB and acts as a receiver)
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero