What exactly does rick roll mean? :S

While im at it whatdoes "ttl;dr" stand for?
Quote by Wikipedia
Rickrolling is a prank and Internet meme involving the music video for the 1987 Rick Astley song "Never Gonna Give You Up" written and produced by Mike Stock, Matt Aitken, and Pete Waterman known as Stock Aitken Waterman. The meme is a classic bait and switch: a person provides a Web link they claim is relevant to the topic at hand, but the link actually takes the user to the Astley video. The URL can be masked or obfuscated in some manner so that the user cannot determine the true source of the link without clicking (and thus satisfying their curiosity). By extension, it can also mean playing the song loudly in public in order to be disruptive.[1] A person who falls for the prank is said to have been "Rickrolled".

tl;dr= Too long; didn't read.
Videos on youtube etc. that are titled something exciting that makes you want to see it, but the actual video is just Rick Astley doing his **** dance
A Rick Roll

(Mods, I can't get banned for this, can I? He asked!)

And tl;dr is a shortened version of a long piece of text.

EDIT: Ok so that link didn't work. I'm having trouble finding an example of the time that moves around and appears with the lyrics when you try to close it.

EDIT 2: Well yeah JOJ but I've been trawling google and still can't find that non-closing type, which is annoying, because I thought that was hilarious, even when I fell for it. He asked though, it shouldn't be a problem, right..?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Jun 2, 2008,
I wouldn't take the risk, man. I'd take the video down.. if he wants to know what it is, he can type it into google.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by goldmember1217
Google "internetseriousbusiness.com" to find an example of a Rick Roll.

EDIT: Nevermind, the website has been changed.

No, you typed it wrong.
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Quote by luv090909
i wouldngt mind being rickrolled... lol

0.o
Truth be told, I've never been properly rickrolled.
Only the stupid youtube ones.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Does anyone else think Rick Astley looks like a pedo in the video when he's dancing around, late at night in that trenchcoat?
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
Quote by goldmember1217
Google "internetseriousbusiness.com" to find an example of a Rick Roll.

EDIT: Nevermind, the website has been changed.

That one doesn't move around and such anymore.

And the smouch one is nonexistent now.
Quote by WyldChylde
Does anyone else think Rick Astley looks like a pedo in the video when he's dancing around, late at night in that trenchcoat?

Comment = None
Well he does! Someone agree with me.
Ok, this is a warning as a feeble attempt to avoid being reported for what i'm about to do. The following link is a rickroll and no, not a crap youtube one. This one will make your browser smaller then move around the screen. When you press exit it will have a message. When you press the "OK" button it will have another message. And another. To get out of this quickly hold down Alt then press F4 repeatedly till you come to a message with two options: Ok and Cancel. DO NOT PRESS F4 AGAIN BECAUSE IT WILL SELECT THE CANCEL OPTION AND YOU@LL HAVE TO DO IT ALL AGAIN!!! Press OK.

I think that is a fair amount of warning.

Here is said Rick Roll
I clicked, then I cried. stupid rickroll.....
I hate the one that opens about a thousand windows with the video in each of them. The sound gets slights out of sync and sounds like death, not to mention fucking my speakers up.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
I hate the one that opens about a thousand windows with the video in each of them. The sound gets slights out of sync and sounds like death, not to mention fucking my speakers up.

I have never been linked to one of these, could you possibly PM me a URL?
Quote by FireandFlames
lawwwl, video is not there, just a moving screen.

lawwwl, your computer is obviously crap, linux was not built to do anything more complicated than add.
Quote by 12345abcd3
lawwwl, your computer is obviously crap, linux was not built to do anything more complicated than add.

I have XP....

and the video that's supposed to be there says "no longer available"

It's just a blank youtube player jumping around my screen.
Quote by FireandFlames
I have XP....

and the video that's supposed to be there says "no longer available"

It's just a blank youtube player jumping around my screen.

It works on mine. Maybe trying to install XP onto a linux was a bad idea.
Quote by blynd_snyper
I have never been linked to one of these, could you possibly PM me a URL?

Sorry, don't have a link anywhere.

And I don't wanna look it up, the last (and only) time I fell for it, it made my ears bleed and infuriated me to such a level that I threw my cat into the road.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by 12345abcd3
Ok, this is a warning as a feeble attempt to avoid being reported for what i'm about to do. The following link is a rickroll and no, not a crap youtube one. This one will make your browser smaller then move around the screen. When you press exit it will have a message. When you press the "OK" button it will have another message. And another. To get out of this quickly hold down Alt then press F4 repeatedly till you come to a message with two options: Ok and Cancel. DO NOT PRESS F4 AGAIN BECAUSE IT WILL SELECT THE CANCEL OPTION AND YOU@LL HAVE TO DO IT ALL AGAIN!!! Press OK.

I think that is a fair amount of warning.

Here is said *link*

or you could just C+A+D and close the application :P