which would i use to have a humbucker to single coil only switch?

the spst or the spdt?
best to use a spst switch, you could use either but spst switches tend to be momentary where spdt are generally locking
Momentary is when it only stays down for a split second. Latching locks it in the down position until you push it again.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
neither dpdt :P 2 position ones though
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
neither dpdt :P 2 position ones though

why dpdt? the two conntected wires from each coil on the pickup go on one lug and the earth connection goes on the other..grounding one coil and only leaving one in the signal path.

you can use a dpdt but only one side of it is needed
let me rephrase my question.

i want a toggle switch (the one that looks like a mini les paul toggle [1/2 or 1/4 inch]) that latches, or locks, one position being humbucker and the second being single coil.

now being more specific, which switch should i get?

spst, spdt, dpdt?
I don't know what pole thingys you need but the type of switch you are trying to describe is an on/on switch
Call me Duncan.

Nearly always have D'addario EXL110 strings instock - just ask!

Custom made guitar slides available - choose the glass, length etc.. Engraving availible. PM or email for more info.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
now i feel like im getting somewhere, any more help i could use?

like how many input ports, or whatever theyre called, i need to make this work
i still think you need a dpdt heres the wiring diagram im using and i need a dpdt for it its with 2 splitable humbuckers though
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by avka0628
wheres the diagram? and i want two switches, one for each pickup.

heres a seymour duncan example:

you can use an spst for each pickup! so you can have one tapped while the other isnt
there dpst s though!!!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
ts i added you on msn ill send my diagram over it, i dont think the company that gave it to me would want me posting it
Quote by Deliriumbassist
that inspires a whole new idea, i could just get two push pulls then huh? one pickup per pot. it would look stock and wouldnt require cutting.

thank you, i think im gonna go with that one
Quote by rancidryan
there dpst s though!!!

one side of it is used though! so only an spst is needed as one pole (single pole) is thrown!