Which of these amps is better?

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier

Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier

I mean yeah it sounds like the triple but does anyone here know from playing both? Which one sounds better for like heavy metal?
"Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" - Axl Rose in (Nice Boys cover)
The dual rectifier has two rectifier diodes and has less wattage, the triple rectifier has three rectifier diodes and more wattage.

Don't really know the difference in terms of sound though, I'd imagine the triple has more headroom.
neither of them are better than the other, just different. check out a mark IV or a roadster instead if you're serious about getting a mesa

EDIT: btw, this belongs in the gg&a forum as you'de get much better responses there
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at Jun 2, 2008,
The triple is overkill. The dual will be more than enough for anyone. If anything, a triple would have more headroom, meaning you'd get less break-up at lower volumes and unless you were really cranking it, it wouldn't distort as well. Plus you can pull tubes on the dual and have it run, effectively, at 50W for even more breakup. You can't do that with a triple.
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
The triple is overkill. The dual will be more than enough for anyone. If anything, a triple would have more headroom, meaning you'd get less break-up at lower volumes and unless you were really cranking it, it wouldn't distort as well. Plus you can pull tubes on the dual and have it run, effectively, at 50W for even more breakup. You can't do that with a triple.

This is a smart man.

In my experience, the tripple is overkill.
ive played through the dual rectifier and its really good for metal and is a good bit cheaper then the the triple i think if you got the dual you would be satisfied with it but make sure you get a mesa 2x12 cabinet to go with it if you get that than you will have a almost perfect metal set up