I work at the movies. I like some of the people there, but I f*cking hate it. Let me give you reasons why:

I often get 8+ hour shifts on busy weekends. They've really only been putting me in concession. And we only get one 15-minute break. I've seen people get 10-hour shifts, and some people work as long as 14 hours straight. Our company has loopholes so that the normal laws for breaks and hours for shifts don't apply to them.

I hate concession for a number of reasons. We're located in an area that gives us a lot of middle school and freshman high school customers, so I have to deal with really immature customers.

A manager tried to get me fired yesterday because a customer got mad at me. I didn't get mad at him, or curse at him, etc. But I don't think that manager (who just got promoted to his position) is too fond of me.

I feel bad charging people for such ridiculous prices. It's $3.75 for on small drink. $4.75 for one small popcorn (it's pretty damn small). $4.25 for a small icee.

Food sucks. It's really hot in concession, and I don't think it's air conditioned (unlike Box Office, but lately they've only been training women for box office), and working around popcorn and nachos is really annoying (touching the surface of a lot of places burn your skin).

$5.85 an hour.......you heard me correctly.

The hours are inconvenient. Most of my hours range from 4:00 P.M. - Midnight on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (they don't give me weekend days off too often). Seeing friends is difficult.

Sometimes I'm ticket taker. I will stand in one spot for about 7 hours straight. One 15-minute break.

It's not really just one reason, but all those reasons. Can you guys name some job suggestions? I don't mind if one or two aspects of the job are like the examples above, but I just can't imagine anything worse. The only thing I don't want to do is work in fast food.
Department store??

I'm looking for a job right now too. I'm going to try Blockbuster later today.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Department store??

I'm looking for a job right now too. I'm going to try Blockbuster later today.
I'll try both of those.
Blimey! Jack it in mate. You'll find somewhere else and think of how you could do it. Throw you apron or hat or whatever at them and say - "You know what? Stick your job up your arse." Especially to that knob head manager.

I would.
Wow that blows. It's not worth your time or efforts. You should definitely quit. Just search part time jobs and Craigslist for some opening positions. I'd recommend a clerk/secretarial job because they are much more flexible and easygoing. Usually pays more as well.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I was a hospital courier for a while. It's not a bad job because it pays okay and you get to deliver cool medical equipment except for catheters and breast pumps. . .
See if you can work in a guitar store
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Oh, and I don't recommend quitting the asshole way (quit when they need you the most). It's really tempting but if you formally resign, with a written letter of resign two weeks in advance, you'll leave on good terms with the company and they'll be obligated to refer and recommend you to your future employers.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
How about getting an education and a real job???? No cash, well thats what student loans, grants, and scholarships are for.
Quote by cam_sampbell
See if you can work in a guitar store

A guitar store is just like any other retail store. I work in a guitar store and it's not all fun and games like you think it'd be.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
A guitar store is just like any other retail store. I work in a guitar store and it's not all fun and games like you think it'd be.
I bet you have to deal with people who really annoy you.
Quote by DeanESPJackson
How about getting an education and a real job???? No cash, well thats what student loans, grants, and scholarships are for.

He's still in highschool,c*nt.
Conplain? Either to your boss, or some sort of local council figure.

No more oppression from the capitalistic bourgeois! Power to the Soviets!! YEAH!
Quit or quit complaining, it's the only way to go. Personally i'd leave, that's like 3 quid an hour here, even at mcdonalds you are getting at least the equivalent of $8 hr.
Quote by The Madcap
I bet you have to deal with people who really annoy you.

Oh god, where do I start. I had a manager who was just recently fired (WOOHOO). He had a bias against me just because I wasn't into the same music that he was. He had a power trip and was a moron and karma kicked him in the ass like he deserved it.

Also, sometimes there's GROWN-UP idiots who come in here and butcher the same Master of Puppets intro riff for literally 1.5 hours and ends up not buying anything. Assholes.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Try independent places as well.

I work at an independently run kids' playgym place near me, best job I've had thus far (I've had 3 or 4 previously). Because it's independent, you get to personally know the managers, owners etc. and can therefore talk to them about any problems you might have with the work or ask them confidently about taking leave etc.

I've also made some great friends where I work but that's not really down to where you work, more about luck of the draw and whether you get along with the other employees. I think it's worked well for me because all the other people who work there are around my age, so we all get along really well.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by Xiaoxi
Oh god, where do I start. I had a manager who was just recently fired (WOOHOO). He had a bias against me just because I wasn't into the same music that he was. He had a power trip and was a moron and karma kicked him in the ass like he deserved it.

Also, sometimes there's GROWN-UP idiots who come in here and butcher the same Master of Puppets intro riff for literally 1.5 hours and ends up not buying anything. Assholes.
Is "Master Of Puppets" the most common thing you hear people play?
Quote by The Madcap
Is "Master Of Puppets" the most common thing you hear people play?

Well, most people can barely play anything at all...such as 6-year-old nubs who are getting their first hello kitty squier. :P

But the ones who can "play" usually end up playing something inane and generic. They usually end up butchering those anyway.

Once every full moon, a competent guitarist actually comes in and plays something decent, thus binding my thread of sanity.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by _Tim_
He's still in highschool,c*nt.

Fock you _TIM_, sorry I didn't analyse his profile, and he didn't mention he was in highschool, *unt yourself (recommending secretarial work to a high school kid ?!?!, douchebag).

Yeah, sorry to hear your job sucks dude, but seriously, if you are in high school, make that your focus and don't let *hitty jobs mess you up. Quit the movie job and find anything else, maybe some kind of apprenticeship. If its available you might even be able to get high school credit for it, as well as a paycheque.
Last edited by DeanESPJackson at Jun 2, 2008,