Page 1 of 3
im not to sure i can believe that.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
wtf? we already pay for internet access... why should we have to buy it by the site?
that's a load of crap

of course, all it takes is for one ISP to decide to allow unlimited access and either all of them will have to or all of them will go out of business
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
That chick is pretty hot...
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by manic
im not to sure i can believe that.

Just like people still don't believe that KFC is cruel to the animals, even though the Canadian KFC branch just re-wrote many policies concerning the safety of the animals now, after pressure from PETA.
Quote by CrazyDavey
I like my women how I like my wine, 12 years old and locked in my basement.

Quote by rg_metal
Some old lady asked me if my electric guitar was a bass. It clearly has Six strings.

Seen this before. They sound foriegn, therefore i can't believe a word of it.

Also, i think UG will be popular enough to come in some of the cheaper packages.

It will be a shame for the terrorists who have to pay more for their bomb making websites.

You seem upset about this. ARE YOU A TERRORIST?
Last edited by 12345abcd3 at Jun 2, 2008,
These people are so full of it.
"We were able to uncover this information because we have been well-known net neutrality activists for longer than a year now and over time have we've gotten in contact with many high-profile industry insiders."
Wow a whole year of experience in web technologies. Yeah that gives them the credentials to make up such nonsense.
Maybe is these people would have dug a little deeper they could of made a more convincing story.
"There can be only one snake"
Wow XD I didn't even see the video til' now. I just read the page. But honestly, if this happens... it will be a huge problem for humanity.
I don't see why they would do this... There would be a huge uproar about it.

I know that a lot of ISP companies have been complaining about the amount of bandwith being used up, but it would be pretty extreme for them to react like this.
"They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion." - Ginger Baker

Quote by alexlemon2
I've been here long enough, and nobody knows who teh fudge I am

I cry at night
I saw this this morning - Don't buy a word of it.

I mean. I know things are evolving, but I don't think it's gonna change in the way the service is delivered.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Hahaha

The European Union made this illegal already!!!

God bless the EU!
I agree it's not necesarily exactly what is going to happen. But with the way things are going in the world, personally I would rather be safe than sorry. Which is why I'm now trying to spread the word.
I'm sure they only use that lady because she's hot. In the other videos she always wears a top that shows a bit of cleavage. Titties! Now that we've got your attention, let's talk about net neutrality!
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
By 2012 open source economics will be a much larger part of not only the internet, but our productivity as a society. That will bring a new dimension to the internet along with this net neutrality thing.
We're only strays.
Martyr, can you explain or give me a link to somewhere that explains what open source economics is?
If this actually were to occur the internet basically is going out the way it came in, and we'll be back in the 90's.
Quote by Theta
Just like people still don't believe that KFC is cruel to the animals, even though the Canadian KFC branch just re-wrote many policies concerning the safety of the animals now, after pressure from PETA.

...That had nothing to do with the thread....
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by 12345abcd3
Seen this before. They sound foriegn, therefore i can't believe a word of it.
What a fucking ignorant statement.

Xenophobic?
Quote by freedoms_stain
What a fucking ignorant statement.

Xenophobic?

I think he was jokng.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Foreigners dont know how to use the internet. My girlfriends brothers friends cousins dad is a high level person in a big company and he told me so. Also, i have over a year of experience with foreign nationals so I know. I'm not suppose to disclose this information but i did it anyways.
"There can be only one snake"
^^ I was also wondering about people (hackers?) who will somehow bypass the system the ISP's will use to limit the sites people can use. If they can somehow create some parrallel internet perhaps. We still have to use the same lines however. And civilians are definately not in control of those lines. Maybe if these wi'fi capabilities progress, the theory of a parrallell "internet" may have somewhere to go.
ROFL the thing about all this is, think about the nature of the polls on UG. All of choices that are most naturally expected to be outvoting all the other choices, are outvoting the other choices. Now imagine how badly we're gonna rape these assholes with this vote.

We already are starting with 1.6 million.
Last edited by Maui Waui at Jun 2, 2008,
damn, i want it to end before rick roll leaves britany alone in the Chocolate rain, numa numa sneezing panda, lol wut happens.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
If it's true, then that is ridiculously greedy. I'm having a hard time believing it though...
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
ok. this is what happened in 1999. people thought things wouldn't work in 2000 cuz of y2k. the world is NOT going to end in 2012. that idea is so stupid.
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Quote by Dethkreep
Martyr, can you explain or give me a link to somewhere that explains what open source economics is?

http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/247

It may not work because I'm logged in as a member, but I think it should. If not, just go to TED.com and use their search bar. Type in open source economics, and go to Yochai Benkler's talk on it. Should be the first link.
We're only strays.
Quote by classicrockboy
ok. this is what happened in 1999. people thought things wouldn't work in 2000 cuz of y2k. the world is NOT going to end in 2012. that idea is so stupid.

And who said anything about the end of the world....? Failed post.

And thank you Martyr for responding, although I already found and watched that same video about 10 minutes after posting, thanks anyway.
It's called the supreme court and it overturns things.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
It makes no sense that ISPs would tell these net-neutrality people they were going to do this.

That would be counter-productive to their interests.

Anyone over the age of 3 should realise this is a joke.

And it's true, foreigners cannot use teh intrawebs.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
awesome
Quote by Mad Mike 829
Girl: Thats not that difficult
Teacher: Of course not, I wouldnt star you on something hard
Girl: I wanna see something hard
Me & Freind: Thats what she said!

ended up getting kicked out for disrupting class
Page 1 of 3