Page 1 of 2
... After the number of times he's explained why a Biff muff PI is bass unsuitable...

Behold!!!
Quote by Jateca
... After the number of times he's explained why a Biff muff PI is bass unsuitable...

Behold!!!

Now the Cliff fanboys may never think about their tone.

EDIT. The full name has always been the Big Muff Pi.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
One question: what's with the Pi symbol?

Idk its just the brand i guess.

I wonder how much this is gonna cost. And I like the bypass out too!

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Meh, he'll still find something wrong with it

probably summit like the nut on the switch isnt straight and parallel with the writing

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Also, having a look at the new 'Hi-tec' EHX website, they've got a whole host of new bass pedals soon to be released, including:

An XO version of the bass microsynth, a 'steel leather' bass expander, a 'bass blogger' distortion and a 'bass metaphors'compression/distortion/EQ thingy

Pretty keen to check these out!
Im tempted to test one of these out, if the low ends ok....I mean, its all green and pretty, and stuff, man Im a sucker for pretty lookin things

but serioisly, im interested
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Well, now it silences those who say the normal ones don't cut low end. EXH themselves have moved in to rectify the situation .

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by smb
A blend pot would be an obvious improvement.

Always quick to point out the faults in everything aren't we Boyce

This looks interesting, I like the look of the Bass Metamorphos too.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Just a few observations. I'm not saying any of this is true, just funny:

I bought a Micro POG. On the warranty card, it asks for suggestions for products. I suggested... everything.

The chassis of this bass Big Muff Pi is the exact same chassis as the Micro POG, with the same inputs and outputs in the same location. The main difference is the toggle switch where the LED was on the POG. The knobs are the same, except black.

So... a product I suggested using the chassis and knobs of a product I bought and used the warranty card to suggest.

Coincidence?

I THINK SO!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Just a few observations. I'm not saying any of this is true, just funny:

I bought a Micro POG. On the warranty card, it asks for suggestions for products. I suggested... everything.

The chassis of this bass Big Muff Pi is the exact same chassis as the Micro POG, with the same inputs and outputs in the same location. The main difference is the toggle switch where the LED was on the POG. The knobs are the same, except black.

So... a product I suggested using the chassis and knobs of a product I bought and used the warranty card to suggest.

Coincidence?

I THINK SO!

You're out to change the world aren't you? Well, at least the bass world.

This thread is relevant to my interests.
TheFitz's voice is finally coming out through actions. I bet it'll sound great. I'm keeping my eye on this, I'm now obligated to try it.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I tempted by this, but I want a James LaMenzo Ashdown pedal first
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by indie-bassist
Always quick to point out the faults in everything aren't we Boyce
I do my best

it's a habit I've gotten into to stop me buying things despite their faults.
Quote by smb
I do my best

it's a habit I've gotten into to stop me buying things despite their faults.

It's a good habit. Makes sure you knw exactly what you get, and that it is right for you.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by CaptainJack666
but fitz..... will it be good???

I'm gonna be totally Sinatra with you - I'm more curious about the MicroSynth. However, I've wanted a bass fuzz that's not $350 for some time now. This and the MXR 70's Fuzz look cool, but let's get to the point - will they even be in stores for us to play? Will the stores really take away some guitar pedals to put in bass ones?

I THINK SO!

EDIT: After listening to the El Grande Bass Fuzz from MXR... this Big Muff better be good. That's all I'll say.
http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=377&pmh=products/p_and_e_detail
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Jun 2, 2008,
The "Cliff" tone kept buggin' me. Thay always say "You need more muff!" or "You're too soft!". Now, finally, this muff will keep 'em quiet!
Quote by thefitz
I'm gonna be totally Sinatra with you - I'm more curious about the MicroSynth.

ive tries the full size microsynth (since the new one looks to be just an XO model) and i wasnt terribly impressed, the sounds were kinda cool but i couldnt really find anything to use it for, and got a gt6b instead (and sold that too haha)
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by Scourge441
What's the difference between a regular Big Muff and a Big Muff Pi?

Nothing. Big Muff is just a common name for it. Big Muff Pi is the proper name.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The regular goes up to 3.

The pi goes up to 3.1426....

Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The regular goes up to 3.

The pi goes up to 3.141592653589....

Fixed to as much as I remember.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I try.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Whoah. I have to try it to make sure it isn't the same as a standard big muff now. But also does anyone know what the difference is between the big muff the metaphors thing and the blogger it says there all distortion but they don't have sound clips =/.
this sounds fun.
Chris Wolstenholme is probably gonna be a little happy.
Someone needs to put one on Cliff's grave...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I must own this. Now.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by the humanity

Someone needs to put one on Cliff's grave...

Why exactly, it's not like he ever used one...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Jonnomainman
probably summit like the nut on the switch isnt straight and parallel with the writing

Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by thefitz
EDIT: After listening to the El Grande Bass Fuzz from MXR... this Big Muff better be good. That's all I'll say.
http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=377&pmh=products/p_and_e_detail

Kudos to MXR for realising that if they want to sell a product then good quality sound clips help loads. I don't need another bass distortion but I really want one of these now!
It's pretty obvious how they did it: on standard Sovtek Big Muff Pi, there are four diodes that control compression and clipping. By removing the first pair of diodes, you get more volume, more low-end response, less compression, and slightly more sustain. Which essentially turns it into an excellent bass distortion. I did this to my Russian muff and it sounds great; I can almost guarantee that they used this circuitry on the new pedal.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Quote by Jateca
Kudos to MXR for realising that if they want to sell a product then good quality sound clips help loads. I don't need another bass distortion but I really want one of these now!

Exactly my feelings!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Last edited by thefitz at Jun 4, 2008,
Quote by mountaindew88
It's pretty obvious how they did it: on standard Sovtek Big Muff Pi, there are four diodes that control compression and clipping. By removing the first pair of diodes, you get more volume, more low-end response, less compression, and slightly more sustain. Which essentially turns it into an excellent bass distortion. I did this to my Russian muff and it sounds great; I can almost guarantee that they used this circuitry on the new pedal.

Any bets this mod's cheaper than buying the Bass Muff?
Page 1 of 2