Hey, I'm going to buy a new bass amp, combo..

There are two amps that's on my mind.

Laney R4 and Ashdown MAG-C210T-300. Both are 300 W i think, that's enough W for me, it's about the best sound and what fits me best.

I'll use the amp on gigs and band practices. I play rock, punk, indie, classic rock, almost everything...

some advice? Tnx
Quote by IndianRockStar
Try them out, my friend, and see which one you like more. We cant judge for you.

The Laney R4 is out of production and I'm going to buy it from a guy from a norwegian forum and he lives far away from me. So there's no way to try the amp.
Have you tried some of this amps? I just need a short description on each
Quote by Slubby
The Laney R4 is out of production and I'm going to buy it from a guy from a norwegian forum and he lives far away from me. So there's no way to try the amp.
Have you tried some of this amps? I just need a short description on each

Try getting a sound demo of the amp being used then, preferably with equipment plugged into it that's similar to what you have.
In that case, if it were me, I would get the Ashdown. They have a great reputation and a lot of great players using them. Also, you have the chance to try it out, right? If it sounds good to you, I'd say get it.

The shipping on that Laney is going to be horrendous, plus what happens if it isn't everything this guy made it out to be, or you just don't like the sound? Would this guy give you your money back? Then, you have to pay an additional shipping fee to get it back to him.

It just sounds like the Ashdown is the better option in your scenario. Hope this helps!
J.P. Morgan
www.freewebs.com/hereisthegear