Page 1 of 2
Because I live in a part of the state where every good artist thinks that we're too lame for their awesomeness so we only get Jonas Brothers and Brad Paisley.
Are there any good bands in the Central New York Area that I could go to see?
All I know of is Anything Else.
Newbs are dorks... oh wait, I'm a newb... shoot...

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!!!! I DRINK IT UP!!!

One of these smilies is mentally challenged
No, if you hate it so much then move
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
central new york state or central new york city? cause in new york city there are a couple of good small venues and of course there is Madison Square Garden
Where abouts in NY?
REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 8TH OF NOVEMBER!! I SURVIVED 4CHAN'S INVASION!!
Uneeded Praising Section:
Quote by The_Hottest_Day
Why didnt you get cable-less mics?

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
^ That was at me so yes it is praise.
I don't hate the area, I hate the lack of culture. It's central New York.
the last two good concerts were Velvet Revolver and Projekt revolution, and I missed both of those... they were last year.
I hear Anorexic Beauty Queen's good, and that Under the Gun does some good covers, but that's all I know.

I like Brad Paisley...he's a really good guitarist...
=/
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
I've never listened to Paisley, he might be good.
What I mean is that all we get is country and disney pop.

i love the jonas brothers. they are like, freeing us from the stereotypical mainstream rock of today and yesterday.
Pfft. I hear ya buddy

You know what passes for culture in Bingo? Marinated Chicken on Italian Bread and Carosels. No one even trys to book stuff 'round here.

We have some local bands, some aren't even half bad but I ain't much into that.

I get through it though. Syracuse occaisionally comes up with something. But mostly I have to drive to Albany to get my fix.
I live near Albany and we do pretty well on the concert front. I usually end up traveling to NYC or occasionally Buffalo for the best shows though. Still, we do get people like Springsteen and Pearl Jam in the larger venues and the "newer" bands like Taking Back Sunday in the smaller/medium ones. It's alright.

Central NY and far upstate do kinda get screwed. Sorry bud.
I like Driving to Albany.

It's only about Two Hours and I get to Rawk out with my friends on the drive up.

Philly is Easier to get to than NYC for me.
Yeah fromotion but Albany and Buffalo seem to get a crapload more venues than syracuse.

Hey I lived in New York for 11 years! I loved it!

If a band you really like is coming, the trip to the city would be more then worth it.
Quote by thefreshman
Yeah fromotion but Albany and Buffalo seem to get a crapload more venues than syracuse.

I think that is because Albany is located right in between Boston and New York and Buffalo leads to other Canadian cities so it's much easier for a touring band to stop in one of those cities.

Binghamton and Syracuse and Ithaca aren't really as convenient.
I did go to the big city once, I went to see Paul McCartney.
But I don't feel like getting my dad to spend about $1200 bucks every time I want to see an artist I like play for 3 hours.
Anyway, I'm a teenager who doesn't even have his permit yet, I can't really do a road trip, no matter how much I want to.
I love where I live, I just don't want to go to NYC to see a good band.

Quote by bendystraw
i love the jonas brothers. they are like, freeing us from the stereotypical mainstream rock of today and yesterday.

I can't believe nobody has replied to this... so I will

I dunno man, go driving?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Most bands will gig at Darien Lake(six flags) instead of Buffalo because HSBC arena is to expensive to rent. i know mayem tour is coming there in the summer.
I'm about 2 hours north of syracuse, I hate it as well.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Once you go past westchester to the north or queens to the east, NY is the same rural mess in other states

-New Yorker
My Gear:
MIM Jazz fretless
180W Ashdown 12"
GAS:
NOTHING
i hate ny too
the last hard rock/metal show that was close would of been three days grace, seether breking benjamin and red, in utica (i dont exactly enjoy them either)

but, depending on what you like you could go to the mayhem tour, i think its going to darien lake, tom petty, also in darien (not with mayhem lol), or rush whose playing in saratoga
i thought it was about-

i thought nyc was cool... Manhattan especially... fun place (during the day)
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
We Are Scientists is still based in NY, right? Maybe you'll like them.

They are kinda UK based now :/ But they're coming in their American tour to Brooklyn and Manhattan i think.And yes they are a good band I would go see them but the concert in brooklyn is 18 +
Quote by dillonrips7

I like to pretend I'm Johnny Depp, and scissor away at my crotch.

Quote by _InsanitY_
holy **** awesome win right there

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
Quote by thefreshman
I've never listened to Paisley, he might be good.
What I mean is that all we get is country and disney pop.

im from syracuse...where exactly do you live??
Move to Boston.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Think you have it bad? try living in hartford. Bands get to new york, look east and they see the ocean, not new england.
2004 Fender Mexican Fat Strat
2003 Epiphone SG-400
Marshall DSL-401
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter

http://www.myspace.com/realityfracture/
I live near NYC, so thiers many bands i could see........i just dont got the money lol.
I Love living here, only bad thing is i need $$ just to get my ass to manhattan or to anywhere far and stuff. MTA >.>
Que?
Yeah, I'm in central NY as well. We get good bands on campus, but aside from that there isn't much. You should check out Northern Lights, that venue gets some good stuff. Otherwise, just drive to Albany. That's really the only way.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Can't you just take a train to NYC? I'm in North Jersey and a ticket is like $22 there and back so I can't imagine it being any more expensive than that.
12 fret fury
North Jersey to the city is MUCH shorter than central NY to the city. It's like 8-10 hours in a car for some of these guys (Buffalo!).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
lol ...... i clicked on the thread thing it was about Bill Ny The Science Guy. lol

ill never falter.ill stand my ground.

yes, i am a girl.
Brad Paisley is a great guitarist.

Just throwing that out there.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Where abouts in NY? I find that problem too, other than The Chance there's nowhere to see a major label. TBH I can't complain tho, Robert Randolph and the Family Band are playing the day after Christmas.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
whoever bumped this was silly. this is a 6 month old thread...

i gotta say that upstate has gotten much better shows this year than we have in the past, although it could just be that i have been paying much more attention to what has been coming this way.
Quote by uhh_me?
whoever bumped this was silly. this is a 6 month old thread...

i gotta say that upstate has gotten much better shows this year than we have in the past, although it could just be that i have been paying much more attention to what has been coming this way.

oooooooo.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Page 1 of 2