So, my band has our EP recorded but we're on our own for getting the CDs made. We can pay a lot of money to get stuff printed on the CD and have a professional album cover and junk but we're lazy and poor.

My question: has anyone just burned the CDs themselves and printed off their own album cover and sold them that way? (If you did) Did you do anything to make it look not-cheap?

Also, for people who know what store Staples is.. is it possible to use their printers to print off an album cover on that shiny-paper. (No idea what it's called)
"I don't understand how one can kill a man in the name of peace, that's ridiculous."
- JBT
Yeah i've done that before, we didn't even bother buying cd cases, we folded paper in to a nifty little pouch that actually looked quite good. However we didn't sell them, but gave them away as promo's.
Not sure about the Staples question, I don't think so though.
I'm going there tomorrow to check things out.. but since you know about it...

Would be going to staples (or Kinkos) be cost efficient for say.. 50 albums? Or would I not even be making profit with that many covers.
"I don't understand how one can kill a man in the name of peace, that's ridiculous."
- JBT