i was wondering, cus i always considered them just to have a second channel on the super as well as more power and tubes but after research i found that the super champ has solid state and Ab valve circuitry where as the vibro has A valve circuitry complemented with modeling

does this mean that the vibrochamp will sound better?
no vs threads
Quote by tymatt67
kinky = using a feather , perverted = using whole chicken.

i dont think so class A is gennerally used on lower wattage tube amps while AB is on the higher wattage tube amps i think. I really dont see why amp makers try to push this whole class A tube amp supperiority down our throats its never made sense to me, i dont see much of a diffrence.

And great amp choice by the waynice to see someone getting one of those amps instead of a Tranny valvetronix or a roland cube, there way bettor for like the same amount of money.
ah yeh thats what i thought its wasnt so much the difference in classes i was trying to get at its the fact that the superchamp has solid state circuitry and the vibro doesnt
thankssorry for not being more clear
well the most important part of the modeling/DS channel is that it uses the power section rather than the preamp, thats what gives it that tube tone on the second channel, if you ask me vox should have done the same thing.
But no it would have made it sound to good we cant have people stop buying there overpriced 15watt and 30watt amps made in china or vietnam or some asian country.
I have the super champ. Its a nice practice amp and it does have a line out if you needed to use it live. The cleans are fender all the way. The second channel has some workable od/dis. The effects are good enough to get you by. It is what it is a nice little amp for the money. Replace the speaker and it gets even better.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
^^the only one effect that wasnt all that great was the delay, the rest are pretty good for built in effects.
I really want one of these.
The clean channel is all tube you say?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^Arbiter, I have one, and I love it. It's my first amp, so take that with a grain of salt, but definitely worth trying out.
Yeah. I'll have to try one out though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
you know what the funny thing about this amp is.
it does the whole modeler thing+tube amp thing 100 times bettor than the spider-valve, with only one 12AX7 and one 6L6, and line 6 has been around in the modeling industry for alot longer aswell it really stumps me how much spiders suck balls even with like 6 tubes kramed up its ass.

all youll really need for this amp is a good overdrive or distortion, thers nothing wrong with the onboard DS it could just use a little more balls.

IMO its also bettor than the cyber twin, its not as thin sounding, you can feel the mojo on this little sucker, next time you go to GC try it out and then try out the cyber twin youll see what i mean. Also the cleans on it are amazing vintage fenders cleans. and the ones on the the modeler chanell fooled me.
Last edited by the-kidR44 at Jun 2, 2008,
I thought the super champ had 2 power tubes.
Perhaps the vibrochamp has 1?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Vibrochamp XD IS true class A, and instead of calling it hybrid, it would be better call it a tube amp with build in modellers attach in front of it. Otherwise it is a 5w amp, with 1x 12AX7 and 1x 6v6

Superchamp XD, however, is hybrid; the lone 12ax7 provide one triode gain stage to warm up the signal, and then fed into a singal triode PI before feeding into 2x 6v6. Thus, it is a hybrid (even in clean channel), with a class AB power section and modelling preamp. Since most of the best tube tone comes from the power amp, not preamp (and many people feed distortion pedals into a tube amp anyway), it still sound like a tube amp.

Still, as someone pointed, it's cheaper than line 6 spider valve, but 100 times better. Woudl have bought it if not for a good Blues Jr I found on Craigslist.

Which reminds me: unless you must have all the effects and want to get a new amp, I found that valveking, typically sells for teh same price on craigslist, is better.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff