i know i asked this before but didnt get what i wanted...ok so I have a 60th anniversary strat....I want to install a small piece of plastic behind the bridge(very strong industrial plastic!!) to fix some problems that leo had with the floating bridge design...SOOOOO my question is will this ruin my sustain or make it better? basically im making it a hardtail, the cheap way...
Gear: Fender standard 60th anneversary strat
Fender Fm 412r
epiphone jumbo acoustic

Quote by deaththrashcore
This morning I found a tick on my nutsack. Not the weirdest but the only thing I can think of right now...
?

Easiest way to make it hard tail is block it with a piece of wood and put a screw in to hold it in place.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Your sustain? It shouldn't affect your sustain. That's all electronics, man. But yeah, I'd use a piece of wood. Or do the Eddie Van Halen thing and jam some quarters in there.
wrong highbinder....really?? meatallist?somebody said that the bridge also effects sustain
Fender Fm 412r
epiphone jumbo acoustic

Quote by deaththrashcore
This morning I found a tick on my nutsack. Not the weirdest but the only thing I can think of right now...
hmm i guess their wrong then
Fender Fm 412r
epiphone jumbo acoustic

Quote by deaththrashcore
Quote by guitargod_dime
wrong highbinder....really?? meatallist?somebody said that the bridge also effects sustain

What? I don't think I'm wrong. A wood block is the easiest.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
adding springs is the easiest way. or tighten the claw.
Last edited by mmjohn at Jun 2, 2008,
Metallist65 is wrong

Yes guitargod_dime, putting a block of wood would make sustain better, but very slightly, basicly the more wood or, denser material, the better the sustain, it does reach a point though ...

To fix the floating bridge, i tightened the screw in the spring claws all the way back so the bridge rests on the body solidly

(i might be incorrect with the sustain bit, somone correct me if needed)
/CENTER]