Sadly no pics, it's a green box, yes. I got it on eBay for $20, it looks brand new.. Anyway.. I was just wondering if you dudes could give me some situations in how I'd use it? I really have no clue I've never had an overdrive pedal and I just got it because it was just $20 and I always hear people worship them, how should I use it? Settings, different channels, etc.. Thanks, Godbless..

Edit; I've noticed using it on my clean channel on my Mesa Roadster I get a sweet tube clip at any volume level. Pretty sick. Sorry I've never used anything like this
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Last edited by tr3nt at Jun 2, 2008,
Quote by Ghold125
level:max
gain:0
eq where you want

Oo, sounds nice and clear. Is it supposed to make it sound like tube clipping?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

it's used to overdrive tube amps. gives it a little extra "flavor", i guess
Yeah, the idea is for it to tighten your low end a bit and boost gain, so you can turn the amp's gain down a bit and get a tighter, nicer sound.

Try starting off with the bass at about 1 o'clock and the treble at around 3 o'clock, then adjust to taste. Keep the level on maximum and the gain on minimum. Tweaking the EQ just right is an art with the Bad Monkey, as High tends to control upper-mids and Low tends to control lower-mids so really your treble is unaffected and your bass is marginally tightened by the pedal.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
Uh...

and yeah it sounds really nice. I've heard people say they use the BM to tighten up their hi-gain channels? how does one do this?

It sounds alot clearer, brighter, and it doesn't sound so flat anymore, it's really nice !

Tbh, I don't have a good ear for good tone, but I can hear a annoying solidstate.. anyway, I'll try to get some clips up later and see what you guys think.

I notice that if I crank the volume and lower the drive to boost my OD channel and then switch to the clean channel, the clean channel is then overly loud unless the turn the BM off.
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
I notice that if I crank the volume and lower the drive to boost my OD channel and then switch to the clean channel, the clean channel is then overly loud unless the turn the BM off.
....What did you expect?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^Probably because the clean channel has more headroom to be boosted so the BM can jack up the volume more on that channel. Just my guess, I would just turn it off when you switch to the clean channel, problem solved.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
dude; you dont use 87 octane on a sports car, and you dont use a BM on a roadster
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
It's a good pedal and gets the job done as well as a TS so what's the difference?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Title sounds nasty. Atleast for GG&A

But, good for you!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Lol ^

Quote by shredhead22
dude; you dont use 87 octane on a sports car, and you dont use a BM on a roadster

Why wouldn't I? I payed $20 for it, and I'm experiencing with different tones using pedals, I've never owned one. Your logic is flawed.

Quote by tr3nt
My Bad Monkey just came!

NO, bad monkey !!!

Anywho,
I use both a bad monkey and a TS9 in front of my amp, and the tone is friggin
sweet. And I just ordered an English Muff'n, can't wait for it to get here....
( I love overdrive, can you tell?)
The bad monkey is a beast of a pedal, plus the price is amazing.
Hey DiMeTiMe,
where's that Bush quote in your sig from?
I damn near pissed my pants when I read it
Is there a video????
Good for you, I have a Bad Monkey too

Also, rok-en-rol, that statement could just mean that they're importing less from Canada, Mexico and South America compared to what they're importing from overseas.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by shredhead22

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//