Hey guys. Im thinking about getting this guitar. Are the Duncans a good combo for playing both metal, rock and clean? I had played this guitar with the EMGs and the cleans were not that great but the store did not have one with Duncans to compare. Also, i was thinking of installing a coil tap for the bridge possition, has anyone heard the Setmoure Duncan JB with a coil tap installed? Does this sound good? Specially on clean? Thanks guys.
- - Dave - -

Gear:

ESP LTD EC-1000 Amber Sunburst w/Duncans
Roland 20W Cube Amp

Want:
New tube amp.....
I have the VHB with Duncans. It's discontinued, but I bought it at Geartree. The Duncan pickups are great together and can do just about everything. Great cleans and crunchy distortion. You can do what you please. I wouldn't recommend going through the hassle of getting your guitar to do split coil though.
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
Sharing is caring. *holds out hands*
*inserts penis?*
Thanks for the reply. Why wouldn't you go through the trouble of the coil tap? The owner of the guitar store i shop at said he would do it for free if i bought guitar through him.

One more question, i see that ESP has a cheaper version of this guitar, the ESP VFEC400 VF. It seems to have similar specs and i love the way it looks. Im not a huge fan of the abolone trim on the ec1000. Is the ec400 a good buy? Thanks.
- - Dave - -

Gear:

Roland 20W Cube Amp

Want:
New tube amp.....
Quote by DLesko
Im not a huge fan of the abolone trim on the ec1000.

It looks absolutely GORGEOUS in real life. Dont judge it until you have seen one. If you have, then go ahead and judge.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
I have seen it, the version i played in the store was the see through blue with the abalone trim. Just did not like it much. Too much bling.....
- - Dave - -

Gear:

Roland 20W Cube Amp

Want:
New tube amp.....
Quote by DLesko
has anyone heard the Setmoure Duncan JB with a coil tap installed? Does this sound good? Specially on clean? Thanks guys.

yeah, it's not amazing. sounds a bit thin. if you split it and the '59 and used both pickups together, it might be passable though. i'd probably just use the '59 for cleans, though, it has nice cleans.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by DLesko
I have seen it, the version i played in the store was the see through blue with the abalone trim. Just did not like it much. Too much bling.....

That's exactly what I thought. Get the VHB from GearTree like I did. It's amazing.

Anyways, coil tapping the humbuckers will not give you that much extra versatility. The pickups are already nice, you'll just be cutting down on your noise level if you switch to single.
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
Sharing is caring. *holds out hands*
*inserts penis?*