Just what I love doing, making topics where all everyone posts are complaints.

for people who aren't going to be immature brats that are coming here to whine about the artist this topic is about, then my question is how could one get Funtwo's guitar tone on a tube amp.. of course it would sound much better then his.. not flat, thin.. digital etc. but he has a real clean sound and I'd like a decent amp that can give a sound like that..

here's what it sounds like:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Se12JGfpCdY

yes, I know it sounds cheap, amateur, lame, thin, digital, flat.. whatever you want to call it but I really don't care.. that's why I'm looking for an amp that might be like it.

edit: also the tone in those links, for the pedal he used.. the amp model is called "MS Drive" so.. I dunno'
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Jun 2, 2008,
I'm sorry but how many tones do you want?!

second of all haven't you made this thread already?

third funtwo uses a PODxt with I wanna say a Mesa MarkIV Model

so that Mesa markI would be good for you
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Well that's the thing Boston.
I don't know which tone I want.. I mean I love the Santana tone but it isn't really the best thing for all the stuff I normally play.. maybe it'd fit it but it's more mellow and I want something upbeat too..

The reason I have alot of topics asking about tones is because I'm not sure what I want yet.. I'm getting ideas off of here from people's opinions and such.. going to several big music stores on Wednesday.. gonna' try out a bunch of stuff to see what I truly want..

probably will in the end get a Mesa Mark I like my original plan was.. those things are really versatile I believe. I heard a demo.. amazing blues tone without an overdrive.. excellent cleans.. sounded fine for metal too.

but for the record, the tone in the video links I posted is Funtwo's older tone when he used a Zoom GFX-8.. he has a POD XT Live now.. but I'm not sure what his amp model was based on for that thing (the Zoom).. maybe I should try to find out just out of curiosity.

but yeah thanks :P

edit: and no I haven't made this thread..
well maybe months ago but it was more relating to the pedal he used and all I got were comments about how everyone hates Funtwo.

oh and the reason I have another thread about British-voiced amps is because the amp model on the microcube sounds similiar to Funtwos tone.. but since the topics are kind of different I made another one.
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Jun 2, 2008,
How much money do you have? You could just get a decent modeling amp and do all the tones you want.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I don't really have much money atm, not planning to buy it right now.. by the end of the summer I plan to get an amp :X

and a modeling amp.. I dunno' I don't really care for those.. and is there tube modeling amps?
don't really want a solid state :X
At least on the second vid, his tone was pretty terrible. But if what you really like in his tone is the cleanliness, then I believe that's down to technique. Good guitar and technique, and you can get that sort of a tone with almost any high gain amp I think. A Mesa Mark would probably be good, if the I can do metal, get it, but if not, look at the other models (IV).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
if you have a decent budget. look into a switchblade. so far mine can go from vox clean to mesa distorted no problem. 4 channels for versatility. not to mention all the build in fx. and no is not a modeling amp.
Quote by TechnicolorType
I don't really have much money atm, not planning to buy it right now.. by the end of the summer I plan to get an amp :X

and a modeling amp.. I dunno' I don't really care for those.. and is there tube modeling amps?
don't really want a solid state :X

I'm gonna be honest, don't believe it when everyone says that tube is automatically better than SS "except for like a couple amps". It's not true, SS is just...different from tube. Most people like that. But it looks to me like you might like the versatility of a SS amp. It's not gonna have inferior tone if you get a decent one, so don't be afraid.

How much money do you think you'll have or will be willing to spend when you're ready?
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
YES there IS a tube modelling amp that i know of, don't know how many all together there are.

but the Randall MTS would be (IMO) the best tube modelling amp there is . also about the sickest amp there is, not THE sickest, but close. it's definitely one of the best ideas out there for amps. pricey tho
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Starting with Fama.. it's hard to explain the tone he has.. any player can play clean but the tone itself is kind of like bright and for some reason has a like "gold" vibe to it which is hard to explain.. maybe I describe it that way because of his guitar and background lol who knows..

but for some simple stuff he's playing you can hear the tone difference with other amps and such.. some people who had his pedal had demos with his tone and sounded almost the exact same..

as for the second video.. yeah, I don't really like his tone in that as much.. the main thing is his chords don't sound amazing..

and Sonic.. yes they are different but it isn't like I've never played one.. like people who are getting a first amp and everyone tells them "TUBE!!111!11!!"

I just really prefer the warmness of tubes over solid state.. they just have such a nice sound.. I don't mind solid state but I dunno'..

I've just never heard an amazing solid state amp... some sound okay... but nothing as good as any tube I've ever heard...

and thanks for the amp suggestions from you other two
His tone just sounds like my Zoom's modelling - he just plays so well it doesn't sound so terrible.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by TechnicolorType
Just what I love doing, making topics where all everyone posts are complaints.

for people who aren't going to be immature brats that are coming here to whine about the artist this topic is about, then my question is how could one get Funtwo's guitar tone on a tube amp.. of course it would sound much better then his.. not flat, thin.. digital etc. but he has a real clean sound and I'd like a decent amp that can give a sound like that..

here's what it sounds like:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Se12JGfpCdY

yes, I know it sounds cheap, amateur, lame, thin, digital, flat.. whatever you want to call it but I really don't care.. that's why I'm looking for an amp that might be like it.

edit: also the tone in those links, for the pedal he used.. the amp model is called "MS Drive" so.. I dunno'

Well if he's using a Zoom pedal like you're saying and the amp model's MS Drive, that's modelled after the Marshall JCM2000 (i have a Zoom pedal too).
Quote by 100Roy001
I used to have sex with dolls.
When I was really young, though.

Like, 26 or something.