cann someone help me find some good effects for playing songs ranging from emo/pop-punk to christian to country?
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
It all depends wat you wanna do. I use an Autowah, A Chorus/Flanger, and there are several effects built into my amp. I'd buy an Autowah and a Chorus/Flanger combo as a must anyway.
whats a autowah and flanger?
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
the FAQ tells you what most effects do. other than that, google it or listen to clips on musician's friend to get an idea.

id say a chorus is a good start, and a compressor. if you do a lot of fingerpicking or chick'n pick'n when playing country, a good compressor is going to help you out.
chorus and slap back delay. maybe a really light OD. you need reverb if its not already in your amp.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Chorus and delay would be good starting points.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
yeah reverb is great for leads, for the pop-punk u might want a ds-1 or a big muff or something, delay, and a wah-wah pedal to sound awesome
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.