i know for a fact im going for Marshall. ive saved enough money for it and i love its tone. NOW a new problem arises.

i love the DSLs tone and ive heard its slightly better then the TSLs but that extra channel does seem quite handy.

also the DSLs EQ stays the same on both channels while the TSLs you can change giving me more versatility. I know the problem can be fized with an EQ pedal but its another 100 bucks down the drain and im already running 1200+ for this half stack

DSL or TSL someone help!!!
TSL and DSL for the lose. What kind of tone are you really looking for here?
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Yeah I wouldnt be so quick to jump for either of those amps. "Real" marshall tone lies within the older amps. Maybe a used JCM800 or 900? If you really do love the tone, go for it. Id still say checking out older ones is worth it.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Ya I would say a two channel JCM 800 or 900 is up your ally but a jcm2000 isn't bad at all.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
The only thing to be aware of is that there are some major reliabilty issues with these amp. Overheating, not functioning correctly, chaneels not sitching. So be aware. I wanted one but when i saw these i was turned away.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
The only ones that overheated were the combo's, is that what you are getting?

The DSL's are great amps. I hate that crap about the last good amps were JCM800's. A JCM800 is a completely different amp. A good amp is not about what you are told to believe, it's about what sounds awesome to you.

I have a DSL and I love it. I was thinking about getting rid of it for a 800 but I cant. I would like a JCM800 but I will always have my DSL. 2 different amps. The DSL is just as good as the JCM800 it's just different. If you want a 80's rock sound the JCM800 is the one. It does 1 thing good. The DSL is such a versital amp, it will cover everything real good, instead of being great in one thing.

I think the DSL is better sounding then the TSL. I have tried a few and the DSL always sounded better to me. You do have to get used to sharing a EQ, however you have a extra channel with the DSL. The TSL has 3 foot switchable channels. The DSL has 2 foot switchable but has 2 modes per channel. You can get great cleans with the DSL much better then the JCM800 (sorry just trying to prove a point) the crunch channel has a great plexi sound. Lead 1 with the gain at 4-6 is like a 800 turn it up more and it will get pretty heavy. And lead 2 is great for a scooped metal sound.

I love mine and won't get rid of it. Good luck with whatever you choose. Try out everything and get what you like.
Quote by dcdossett65
Yeah I wouldnt be so quick to jump for either of those amps. "Real" marshall tone lies within the older amps. Maybe a used JCM800 or 900? If you really do love the tone, go for it. Id still say checking out older ones is worth it.

So there's only one certain true Marshall tone?
That's stupid, A Marshalls a Marshall, no matter what tone it creates.
Disclaimer: The MG has been excluded from all previous statements.

But honestly, I'd go for a DSL ts.
TSL's don't sound the same in some ways.
Signatures are overrated.