Ok so im moving in with my half sister and my dad for my senior year. My half sister is about to turn 14.

She is very spoiled and stuck up and can be a pain to be around some times. But she can be ok to. Because she is so materialistic i always make petty insults to her that i think i just realized are uncalled for. So instead ot trying to change her i guess ill jsut take her for what she is.

We have different moms and the same dad so i see her maybe 1-2x a month

Our relationship usually consist of arguing and pointless conversations. But if im moving in with her then ill have to have more of a normal relationship with her.

im 17 and shes 14 btw.

So i was wondering how would you guys describe your relationship with your sisters? Preferably ones with a similar age difference?
Last edited by summer haze at Jun 2, 2008,
rape her.

Edit: Oh, nevermind shes 14. she's going through the "omg i have to be like every other girl in the world to be cool" phase. just ignore her.
When all else fails, ask the pit.
Last edited by I-Watch-Anime at Jun 2, 2008,
haha. The same. =]

Sounds like a pretty normal relationship to me.
The age difference between me and my sister is nine years, so.

your sibling relationship seems the same as mine,
though maybe we both have dysfunctional families. =P

cheers!
Just be nice. You're going to fight, that's normal. Leave her be with her girliness though but be responsible for her, too [somewhat]. And don't rape her.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
just ignore her
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
I hate my sister... she's 15, I'm 16 but she listens to Rap and insults my music, metal. I don't give her **** about HER music... so that alone pisses me off.
man i knew rape would come into this. I just knew.

Man, you don't have to think about this, you just treat like your half sister.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
soo... my sister is 3 years an a half younger than me...

u will be fighting that's for sure..

my advice is just to try and not get mad even if she does and tolerate her.. at that age their very difficult so u'll have to just find a way to get along

there no easy way out of this...
Well, you and your sister are different. It's always that way. Jus try to respect her (I know that's damn hard) and avoid things that make you fight (also damn hard). If she does somethin that makes you mad or annoys you, then discuss it with your father. If someone disrespects her, stick up for her.
I have a sister myself. She's 18 and I'm 19. We live in the same house with our parents in the summer. Tho we'll be goin to college in the fall. But I found wat I suggested works well nough.
So instead ot trying to change her i guess ill jsut take her for what she is.

that is very mature.Welcome to the first great step in yhe world.Try to be the first to bring nice talk subjects.if anything doesnt work, as your dad for help
Quote by Masamune
Do you even know what relationship means?

Apparently he doesn't, but I doubt more than 10% of UG'ers do, so don't give him a hard time about it.

Don't get on her case all the time, especially about stuff that has nothing to do with you. And don't go crazy trying to be her friend, either. If she wants to talk to you, she will. If she doesn't, you should get the message pretty quick and if you do, take a hint and leave her alone. As long as she's fine just existing in the same house as you, you don't really have to have much of a relationship especially if you don't see each other often and didn't grow up together.
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred
Quote by Masamune
Do you even know what relationship means?

yes i do by the way

a relation between people relationship is often used where relation would serve, as in the relationship between inflation and unemployment ...
a state of connectedness between people especially an emotional connection he didn't want his wife to know of the relationship
a state involving mutual dealings between people or parties or countries
kinship anthropology relatedness or connection by blood or marriage or adoption

but its just a little odd to talk about relationships dealing with your sister...first thing that comes to mind is insest
Quote by deckerbastard69
yes i do by the way

a relation between people relationship is often used where relation would serve, as in the relationship between inflation and unemployment ...
a state of connectedness between people especially an emotional connection he didn't want his wife to know of the relationship
a state involving mutual dealings between people or parties or countries
kinship anthropology relatedness or connection by blood or marriage or adoption

but its just a little odd to talk about relationships dealing with your sister...first thing that comes to mind is insest

look, he used dictionary.com!
Good job, deckerbastard69, you know how to use Ctrl+V!
It's not at all odd to talk about relationships dealing with siblings, and incest is only the first thing that comes to mind if you don't really know what a relationship is.
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred
Quote by deckerbastard69
i know. im smart

hell, you're smarter than most of UG for that. you actually used, per se, a search bar.
Give her money to bang your friends. This way, there will be a third person around usually to break the awkwardness.

Its a pretty simple and popular method when step siblings move in together.
We're only strays.
I've got a 14 year old Sister.

She's Bloody annoying, she drives pretty much everyone in our family up the wall, is spoilt, loud, moody, crazy, a redhead.

Oh, she get's REALLY pissed off when I call her A Dumb **** Ginger. I just say that because She calls me a fat bastard haha.
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
^ we're not step siblings, we're half siblings.

The worst part is that from what ive seen none of her friends are hot. But 17 and 14 is a pretty big maturity gap.
I'm 17, my sisters 14, we get along quite well but we just stay out of eachothers way mainly.
----
Smoke up.

my sister is like 5 years older than me, she takes me to parties with her, lets me hang out with her friends, takes me places.

my sister and i actually have a good relationship

oh.. and im 15 and she's 20
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Quote by summer haze
^ we're not step siblings, we're half siblings.

The worst part is that from what ive seen none of her friends are hot. But 17 and 14 is a pretty big maturity gap.

Dude, cmon.. checkin out your little sisters friends? That's 3 years younger than you!
Member of the Thrash Brotherhood

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
Quote by Ardie12
Smoke up.

my sister is like 5 years older than me, she takes me to parties with her, lets me hang out with her friends, takes me places.

my sister and i actually have a good relationship

oh.. and im 15 and she's 20

hah i wish i had an older sister. Older sister/younger brothers have kickass relationships/

And to the other dude. 3 years isnt that big of a deal....Its not like i was hitting on them, i just noticed if they were hot or not.
confucious say:

sister with balls in mouth make less noise
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Usually when siblings are pains in the butt, I give them a piece of their own medicine. I'm referring, of course, to anal rape.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely