I want to know what sensations do you feel if any when you pick at 200 bpm
any tension no tension or anything else
When I play chromatic scales at 300 bpm my fingers burn.
Guitars
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom
Washburn Dimebag Darrel
BC RICH WARLOCK NJ Series Platinum

Amps
Fender Stage Lead 212
Peavy Bandit 112

Zoom 505
Boss Chorus Ensemble
DOD Death Metal Distortion
Crybaby Wah
Boss Equalizer
I feel this great freeness enterin me, deep into the core. As if all the tension of the day, week, etc. is emptyin out of me into the notes. It's very releasin to me.
the fingers on my left hand don't feel anything different... they start cramping a little if a lot of string skips are involved though.... my right forearm does start to burn after a while...
"You take the blue pill , the story ends here, you wake up and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill you stay in wonderland and I'll show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes."
- Morpheus

#3 of Tom Cruise Scares me club.
sixteenths. but I mean do you tighten up in your wrist or anywhere in your pick arm even by the slighhtest
Quote by Metal Society
sixteenths. but I mean do you tighten up in your wrist or anywhere in your pick arm even by the slighhtest

lol, NOPE
well does your fingers tense at all? I can play at 180 bpm at 4 notes per beat.
but what im saying is maybe I tense up because Im not at that level.
^ nope, no tension anywhere. if i was playing with tension i wouldn't be able to go that fast. don't sweat playing fast. 180 bpm @ 16th notes is pretty quick. just keep practicing playing without tension and eventually your wrist will lose all tension at which point you'll pretty be playing at an undefinable speed that when distorted will sound just like one long tone and not individual notes.
^ yes and it works wonders, i've actually done it twice. i suggest doing it, taking a month off and playing at your current clean speed, then doing it again, take another month off. rinse and repeat until you sound like yngwie. after the second time doing it could tell a big difference in my playing. i'm still no satch or vai but i sound a hell of a lot cleaner than i did before i did it (i did the 21 day routine a little over a year ago, about the time i decided to try to not anchor, that was the most frustration i've had with a guitar in a while)
so it wont make me fast but cleaner?will it effect my current speed if I do this?
^ yes it will in the long run. but don't expect to do it and then go from 90bpm to 220 bpm in 21 days. you should be aiming to play cleanly, not quickly.
Well ... sometimes I sweat... and sometimes people die when I exceed 1,000,000 bpm. Really depends on the note values. So if i'm playing halves at 1,000,000 people might feel uncomfortable, but if it's 32nds then people just drop.. they just die. Prett good feeling all in all.
hue
Quote by Metallist65
I feel this great freeness enterin me, deep into the core. As if all the tension of the day, week, etc. is emptyin out of me into the notes. It's very releasin to me.

I know the G isnt brokin on your keyboard......
Quote by Metal Society
so it wont make me fast but cleaner?will it effect my current speed if I do this?

Clean is the key. Most players forget that even when you go 180-300bmp, you need to play it cleanly. That's why I start all my fast licks slow, to learn em cleanly, and then speed up when I have em down clean and have memorized em.