I'm gonna be spending $400 USD in about a week and a half from now. I have the option of having my local shop order in the V33 or buy the used Vetta that's there. The Vetta doesn't come with the shortboard, and that's a really expensive piece of equipment right there. It sounds beautiful, but I have a feeling the V33 will be a better choice if I just put together a pedalboard with a distortion/OD pedal and a few effects.

Or should I go with the V18 112 and use part of the left over money for a couple pedals?
I got some good guitars, yo.
whats your current rig
what do you play

i personally wouldn't take either, but if I had to I would take the Crate

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Crate. If your gigging, the V32 should be good, but if not, the V18 + pedals.
Depends how much distortion you want. If you are playing metal and dont want to buy a GOOD (Metal Zone doesn't count...) distortion pedal, do the Vetta. Otherwise, the V's might be better.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Definetly the crate. the vettas not bad but the crate will be better. i'd say go with the 18, especially if you need some effects. Most places will hjave pa anyway
I've never had the pleasure of playing one, but I hear the Vetta sounds absolutely orgasmic... and it'll be waaayyy more versatile than the Palomino, even if you bought some pedals.

I say Vetta.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
I say Vetta.

Ditto.
Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX
Ibanez RG7321 (DiMarzio D-Activator 7 Pickups)

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah-Wah
DigiTech Whammy WH-4
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Line 6 Flextone III Plus w/FBV2 Footswitch
Quote by Tyler Durden
whats your current rig
what do you play

i personally wouldn't take either, but if I had to I would take the Crate

crate glx1200h half stack. it's more of the hi-gain end. too much treble and too much to lug around for the 65 watts i get out of it. 120 divided by 2 simply because it's rated 4 ohms with a matching 8 ohm cab. The V series looks really good. Heard a few bad reviews about the v18. I will be gigging, the most I might do with it is a july 4th concert with a few REALLY good bands. =] Mostly just a small gig thing though, for church and maybe some pubs.

I do play metalcore, but I'm really getting into rock more. Let's say anything ranging from Pink Floyd to Nickelback gain levels. I say Nickelback because they have a really hi-gain rig and well Pink Floyd has a low to medium gain rig. I prefer to use pedals nowadays though. Used to I just plugged straight into an amp and let the footswitch determine my fate. But now it seems the best way to have a setup is a tube amp with pedals.

EDIT: A guy in my area is selling a Peavey Deuce with V30's in it and new tubes, should I go for it?

Also there's a guy with a Fender Ultimate Chorus are they Tube? I think I've discovered they're SS, and if they are, are they a good form of SS?
I got some good guitars, yo.
Last edited by Leat at Jun 2, 2008,
Vetta for the win, its like a stuidio and live rig at once, most of you cant even tell the difference from a vetta and a tube amp
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by sirlimecat
Vetta for the win, its like a stuidio and live rig at once, most of you cant even tell the difference from a vetta and a tube amp
I agree, it is actually a rather lovely sounding amp.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Depending on your playing situation the V18 might not be enough volume. I own one of the V series from crate, and it's good for a budget tube amp - that being said I think the Vetta is the better choice between the two, it's simply of a better quality.
I don't really like the V series crates. The Palominos have a waaaaay better tone. So do the vettas.
Vetta. Get it if it's that cheap!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator