The awkward title spells it out, basicly. My parents were major hippies back in the day, and did a lot of stuff. Weed more than anything, ofcourse. Is it possible that the effects of the weed they smoked passed on to me? Because I've never smoked it but its not uncommon for people to think I'm high.

The latest was a few days ago at work when I messed up a pizza (I'm a pizza delivery driver... first symptom) and then made the same exact mistake like 5 seconds later, then forgot something else lol. This one chick was like, 'how many bowls have YOU smoked today?!' Same thing people usually say, worded differently.

I exhibit most of the symptoms of weed use. I'm unmotivated, often lazy, laugh too much, forget things as soon as I put them down or look away, all my ideas are usually very "trippy," etc. Pretty much every symptom accept blood shot eyes. I'm pretty creative, to.

So I dunno maybe thats just the way I am, but I seriously get accused of being a pothead at least once a week, sometimes by my friends who should know I'm not a pothead. Its not really a bad thing, it just happens so much that I'm curious about it.
We're only strays.
There is evidence to suggest it could be down to that.

Or something else, Don't take it as their fault, because everyone's brains work differently. It could be natural. Or you are just a complete joker, the life of the party.
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
No, unless they consumed about a pound of bud each right before they conceived you. Pot leaves you system fairly quickly. look at erowid for more info. don't try and blame your laziness on your parents either.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Maybe you jus have ADD or ADHD. I have ADHD and sometimes I do the same you are talkin bout. Or maybe you jus are fine and have nothin. Everyone's brain is different, as Ironza said.
You're a crack baby.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by Metallist65
Maybe you jus have ADD or ADHD. I have ADHD and sometimes I do the same you are talkin bout. Or maybe you jus are fine and have nothin. Everyone's brain is different, as Ironza said.

This. It's not as bad as it sounds...
A lot of ppl say there are not enough studies of the long term effects of pot, mainly because it hasnt been around long enough to really do a long term study. Perhaps you should be "studied".
So it goes.
Quote by Craigo
No. You are a product of your own environment and your parent's genes. Smoking weed does not hurt your genes.

The OP is legitimate question -- ever heard of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Quote by Metallist65

No I'm way too laid back to have ADD. I have like the opposite of ADD. And to Craigo, what about epigenetics?
We're only strays.
No, I don't think so. The only way it could affect you would be if they did it while pregnant and that doesn't mean that you'd feel the effects of drug use, you'd just be like... brain-damaged and shit.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
There is evidence that if a women is doing any kind of drugs while she is pregnant it could have a permanent effect on the child, but we're talking things like brain damage, down syndrome etc.
Your parents smoking weed is not going to make you feel "high" or make you show any symptoms that is accociated with weed because it leaves the system so quickly.

Get off your sorry arse and sort your life out, stop trying to find people to blame!
----
Quote by aetherspear
No, unless they consumed about a pound of bud each right before they conceived you. Pot leaves you system fairly quickly. look at erowid for more info. don't try and blame your laziness on your parents either.
The child receives a lot of blood-bourne nutrients from the blood of the mother via the placenta, it's incredibly possible for drugs/alcohol/compounds from smoke to travel across the placenta to the child and affect development.

Kindly refrain from posting fallacy.

Since sperm and egg were produced before conception I fail to see how doing drugs just before the act would affect the formation of a foetus either.
Quote by bassandcello
A lot of ppl say there are not enough studies of the long term effects of pot, mainly because it hasnt been around long enough to really do a long term study. Perhaps you should be "studied".

Are you serious?
Oh my gosh!
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka
Yup.

Yes...but that's irrelevant. There's no such thing as Fetal Cannabis Syndrome.

I was merely stating that there is a possibility of your proposed FCS existing due to there being an FAS. There does need to be further study on this subject.
Quote by Craigo
No. You are a product of your own environment and your parent's genes. Smoking weed does not hurt your genes.

If his mom smoked weed when she was pregant with him, he might be messed up. Of he might not be. I have no clue.
I'll be your number one with a bullet.
Quote by LinkManDX
I was merely stating that there is a possibility of your proposed FCS existing due to there being an FAS. There does need to be further study on this subject.

Hmm, my post just deleted itself. That's weird.

But in response to this, FAS occurs as a result of alcohol use during pregnancy. His parents didn't use drugs during pregnancy (at least that's how it sounds in OP).
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Quote by Craigo

If it did cause a problem, it wouldn't be a gene problem. It would most likely be that while he was developing his mother had THC (and other things) in her system that got into his system and altered his development.
And I mean that in the best possible way.
Quote by Dudududa
There is evidence that if a women is doing any kind of drugs while she is pregnant it could have a permanent effect on the child, but we're talking things like brain damage, down syndrome etc.
Your parents smoking weed is not going to make you feel "high" or make you show any symptoms that is accociated with weed because it leaves the system so quickly.

Get off your sorry arse and sort your life out, stop trying to find people to blame!

Well its not affecting my life that much, I mean I make choices and feel the consequences/rewards like everyone else. I'm not lazy with important stuff.

EDIT: And to my knowledge my parents were off of drugs years before I was born.
We're only strays.
Last edited by Martyr's Prayer at Jun 2, 2008,
Quote by walkinbazooka

Are you serious?
Oh my gosh!

+ 12323432
is he really serious?
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by bassandcello
Find one.

The earliest documented use of marijuana is from the Chinese during the Neolithic era; to say, 'it hasnt been around long enough to really do a long term study' is just dumb. That's undeniable.
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by bassandcello
Not that I want to argue over the internet or get hardcore with the keyboard, just read the first sentence of this. http://www.nida.nih.gov/marijbroch/parentpg13-14N.html

So what does this prove?
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by Dudududa

It can't cause Down's Syndrome, that's a genetic disorder.

Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Well its not affecting my life that much, I mean I make choices and feel the consequences/rewards like everyone else. I'm not lazy with important stuff.

EDIT: And to my knowledge my parents were off of drugs years before I was born.

Then it definitely had no effect.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Uhm. Maybe you should get your act together and stop trying to blame your parents for your shortfalls?

If you were damaged, you would be brain damaged, not a lazy sponge.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
marijuana can indeed be a teratogen (something that can poison a foetus). However, effects changes based on time of exposure (thalidomide will exert effects during a two week period, with 3 very different effects within three periods - day 35-37 absence of ears, 39-42 absence of arms, 46-48 triphalangeal thumbs), amount of exposure, individual chemical constitution etc etc. If your parents smoked weed, you may have been affected, but you may not have been.

Quote by Meths

Technically, a lesser form of Down's Syndrome can happen if a teratogen leads to the duplication of a section of chromosome 21. If the section that causes Down's is duplicated, all future cells will carry the defect, and a degree of Down's will be exhibited. But it's extremely rare.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Jun 2, 2008,
Quote by Meths

Oh yeah, sorry my bad, I'm getting myself confused
----
Anyone read the story about the junkie mother who gave birth to children addicted to heroin?

Not nice.
No. I actually just learned about the effects of drug use during pregnancy in my human development class last week. Marijuana use by the mother can cause respiratory problems (related to the smoking aspect) and cause the child to have irregular sleeping habits.