what would if you lost one of your hands and couldnt play guitar anymore?
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
Quote by veggiederek
what would if you lost one of your hands and couldnt play guitar anymore?

welll......i wouldn't play guitar anymore by the sounds of things
----
I think if I lost a hand playing the guitar would be the least of my worries, I'd be too busy screaming "FUUUUUUUUUCK!!! My hand!!! Oh the pain, the unimaginable pain!!!!" whils writhing in agony desperately trying to staunch the torrents of blood flowing from the wound.

Y'know, stuff like that.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
I think if I lost a hand playing the guitar would be the least of my worries, I'd be too busy screaming "FUUUUUUUUUCK!!! My hand!!! Oh the pain, the unimaginable pain!!!!" whils writhing in agony desperately trying to staunch the torrents of blood flowing from the wound.

Y'know, stuff like that.

word
----
I've got a friend who only has one hand and he plays guitar very well. He performs yearly and can play the same stuff everyone else can play. He rocks. Not to mention he got Crazy Train stuck in my head last week when he started rocking it out on acoustic.
Quote by Blecter
I've got a friend who only has one hand and he plays guitar very well. He performs yearly and can play the same stuff everyone else can play. He rocks. Not to mention he got Crazy Train stuck in my head last week when he started rocking it out on acoustic.

There was a guy who entered guitar idol 08 who was like that. He only had one hand but he was pretty darn good.
Just wouldn't feel the same, rhythm/palm muting etc... Sure your fretting hand would become awesome, but other then that I'd loose all passion for guitar without my picking hand... After all I also play Japanese classical so without fingers... you get the point

^Off topic, Beautiful Amp!

-Paul
I'd attach a pick to the stump, fret with my remaining hand and become the hardest hitting rhythm player going around. When all you've got to work with is your shoulder and elbow, there's not going to be a lot of subtlety in your playing.

edit-
I just watched some of those one handed shred videos and damnit if you can't play lead with a right hand missing. I am so impressed.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Last edited by Cosimo_Zaretti at Jun 3, 2008,
Quote by vivalasoad883

I was going to post the John Denner vid too. I saw it a while back and I was like wtff that's so awesome. I still can't believe he's actually two-hand tapping with one hand.

EDIT: Actually I was going to post this one: http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/95131/872d701a/john_denner_speelt_eruption_van_halen.html

even awesome-er.
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm
Last edited by Samothomas at Jun 3, 2008,
One of the things that inspired me to play bass was that when I was about 14, my dad talked the bouncers for the bar "Sloppy Joe's" in Key West to let me in to see the band. The bass player was one handed, he plucked the strings with a metal hook.

If I played bass with a hook in Key West, especially at Sloppy Joe's, I'd be making pirate jokes all the time. "Avast mateys! Me be fixin to show a proper groove to these landlubbing scurvy dogs and make doubloons! Yarrrr!"
There's a dude who plays with his feet.

but I don't have that much patience. I would probably just shoot myself. LOL
"I've taken myself to the edges of life my way. And I'm still here."
i would probably die.
because im in school band and wouldn't get a scholarship if i was to lose a hand.

and you couldnt wank..
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
I would try to overcome my disability and continue playing. I'm sure there are people out there with one arm who can shred, and if you asked them about it, they would probably tell you they would make it happen if they had no arms...
Well, remaining hand becomes your fretting hand so hopefully its your natural strumming hand that got chopped off.

Then you get a prosthetic that makes picking/strumming fairly easy and carry on.

There's a guy with one arm in my city who goes out in the market with his guitar and amp and plays blues all day during the summer for change. Seems to do all right.
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack