how do the sounds differ from the top single coil to the bottom single coil in a humbucker?

i want a more classic strat sound when i split the pickup, which should i choose?

for the neck pickup?

for the bridge pickup?
Last edited by avka0628 at Jun 2, 2008,
i mean for each pickup, im having both humbuckers split.

i dont know which single coil to have in use.
I kinda doubt there would be much of an audible difference. Who knows though...
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
Generally, for the neck pickup you want the coil nearest to the neck to be the active one, and for the bridge pickup you go for the one nearest the centre (away from the bridge) for a more Strat-like tone, or the one nearer the bridge for more of a twangy Telecaster-type tone (especially if your bridge pickup is much hotter than your neck pickup).
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
the only time there would be an audible difference is with unevenly wound coils (burstbucker, etc...)
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by avka0628
how do the sounds differ from the top single coil to the bottom single coil in a humbucker?

i want a more classic strat sound when i split the pickup, which should i choose?

for the neck pickup?

for the bridge pickup?
usually the slug coil is farthest from the bridge, so that's a better coil to use as a single at the bridge. a HB sits closer to the bridge than a single, so the lower strings would sound very "brittle" if you use the closest coil.

The neck pickup won't matter all that much, but if you use the slug coil from the bridge as a single, use the screw coil on the neck. that way they'll hum-cancel when used together.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.