Hey dudes, I got my first pedal today, a Digitech Bad Monkey and I'm loving it, and pedal buying is addicting, I really want to broaden my tonal possibilities and start buying more effects I like.

Is the Dunlop 535q wah a good choice to look at? I won't be playing heavy music with it, I like how RHCP and Slash uses wah's so thats what I'll be going for to mess around with I guess. Thanks! Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
i would just get the classic crybaby if your not going to play heavy.
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.

Me
If you want a bit of variety and would like to try out a few wah pedals, check out the Weeping Demon.

I found it to be versatile as anything I have tried, a lot more options, and built like a tank.

Give it a try if you can.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
may I suggest the Slash signature cry baby?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
I myself really love my Dunlop 95Q. A clickless wah, you just have to step on it and go.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
The 535q is a very good choice, very customizable.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
the slash signature wah is amazing, it's really just a 535q on crack.

if you want versatility and an amazing sound, trust me, get the 535q. don't look anywhere else.
Epi Les Paul Standard (vintage sunburst with SD pearly gates pickup in the bridge and SD Alnico II Pro in the neck)
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50
Avatar 2x12 (vintage 30 and marshall heritage speakers)
Crybaby 535Q
Boss CE-5
Boss GE-7
Boss TU-2
I'm probably going to want versatility because I'm just experiencing and stuff, I don't have like a set genre.. So the 535Q?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Quote by tr3nt
I'm probably going to want versatility because I'm just experiencing and stuff, I don't have like a set genre.. So the 535Q?

535Q is a good choice and does handle higher gain well, but for a lower blusey feel check out some VOX wahs
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Isn't the Dunlop Dimebag Signature just about the most versatile Wah ever made? I know John Frusciante used it on Stadium Arcadium, as well as this Ibanez Wah they don't make any more.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
I dont' want to pay more for signature wahs. ;\

Quote by Strat_Monkey
Isn't the Dunlop Dimebag Signature just about the most versatile Wah ever made? I know John Frusciante used it on Stadium Arcadium, as well as this Ibanez Wah they don't make any more.

the dime wah is pretty much just a 535q with a redneck paintjob
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by Strat_Monkey

They still make the Ibanez Weeping Demon, still listed on the Ibanez web site, check it out if you can.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Quote by Perturabo
They still make the Ibanez Weeping Demon, still listed on the Ibanez web site, check it out if you can.

Um, he is talking about the WH-10 which is not made anymore. And, I would look into some more high end wahs trent, like fulltone and RMC. I own an RMC 6 and it kicks ass.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
I use the Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah and its pretty good... but sincerely only the upper range of the wah is really nice, when you go all the way down its just too much noise, but really you should go to a guitar store and plug in several wahs and fool a couple of hours.
Fender Telecaster Thin Line

(For playing fusion as a solo project)
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Vox Wah
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Mxr Phase 90
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Boss DD6 Digital Delay
Quote by Strat_Monkey

The most versatile wah is the RMC3 hands down. its 255. if you dont want to pay that much go for the 535Q
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'