ok, so I'm looking at this Creative Zen Mp3 to buy. I have questions though, for one how does it hold only 4,000 songs if it has 16GB? it seems like a rip off cause an iPod 8gig holds 4,000.

also, is it possible for me to import my iTunes library to the software needed for it? I have over 3Gb of music in my library and i don't wanna have to go back and put back on all my Cds.

that is all
The 4000 song thing is at 128 kbps so it could easily fit more on if you rip songs at a lower rate, say, 48 kbps. The lower sound quality isn't going to matter through earphones to be honest.

I have a 6 GB Zen Micro which I've got around 2500 songs on at the moment but I could probably hit 3500-4000 if I tried.

It doesn't support I-tunes files (such as m4a files) so if you've already got all your music on I-Tunes you're probably better off going for an I-Pod. It is compatible with most other sound file types, though, plus Creative software is MUCH better quality. I've had mine for well over 2 years now and only had to change the battery once (about 3 weeks ago). They're well worth investing in imo.
don't go below 128 kbps, that should be the absolute minimum.

to help you out, i have 4242 songs in my library and that takes up 17.4 gb. they're all at 128 kbps.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by hippieboy444
ok, so I'm looking at this Creative Zen Mp3 to buy. I have questions though, for one how does it hold only 4,000 songs if it has 16GB? it seems like a rip off cause an iPod 8gig holds 4,000.

also, is it possible for me to import my iTunes library to the software needed for it? I have over 3Gb of music in my library and i don't wanna have to go back and put back on all my Cds.

that is all

I just ordered this one and for the price, it is way better than that one, plays videos clear as day, has 30GB, and can hold pictures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200227434168&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=200225689483&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget&_trksid=p284.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%252BIA%26itu%3DIA%252BUCI%26otn%3D4%26ps%3D42

I am not sure about the one you are looking at, but the one I have above comes with software to drag and drop your songs and is pretty easy to use. My old 1GB Zen was able to do the drag and drop thing straight from my pc folder, but that 30GB Zen is just as good. That one you are looking at is huge for an mp3 player too, so take that into consideration.