ok...so i broke my acoustic guitar string (High E), and I needed it really urgently, and because I'm far too cheap to replace it with another acoustic string becasue I have none - I replaced it with an electric string...because i have tons of those lol. But does it work/sound as good on an acoustic as an acoiustic guitar string? Are there gonna be any major problems down the road with the gutiar itself? thanks!
Anyone play gunbound? then add johnny93

....you must tap into: THE FORCE!
....or: THE FORCE! will leave you
....then, you will no longer have: THE FORCE!
it works. it sounds like crap. there shouldnt be any problems with it cept it's unbalanced sound.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
ive done that before and it will work but it wont work as well and i didnt have anylong term probs so it should be ok

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by qwdudeqw
ok...so i broke my acoustic guitar string (High E), and I needed it really urgently, and because I'm far too cheap to replace it with another acoustic string becasue I have none - I replaced it with an electric string...because i have tons of those lol. But does it work/sound as good on an acoustic as an acoiustic guitar string? Are there gonna be any major problems down the road with the gutiar itself? thanks!

You treat your guitar cheaply, and it will play cheaply in kind. You reap what you sow. And come on, those individual strings cost like a buck or two at most. Don't be counting pennies for that.
well it is the plain e string right you can most certianly use the electric string in a pinch there will be tonal loss but it will still sound like a guitar i would use a .012 guage b string as an e string in a pinch but you are giving up 8 or 9 pounds of string tension and string tension is what drives the top on an acoustic guitar. that being said some times people dont have money or a car to drive to a guitar shop so yes it can be done but buy regular acoustic strings as soon as you can.
But does it work/sound as good on an acoustic as an acoiustic guitar string?

No. It wont sound horrible but not as good as an acoustic string.

Are there gonna be any major problems down the road with the gutiar itself?

No.

And come on, those individual strings cost like a buck or two at most. Don't be counting pennies for that.

Agreed.