http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRUX3Q4GsXo

its maroon 5 and although im not a huge fan of theirs, i like the sound of the guitar in the beginning of this song. i think it's a telecaster, but i'm not sure. any ideas of how to get it?
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
I can't see the picture well enough to tell, but the guitar in the picture is likely not the one used to play the song. Moreover, multiple layers, effects, and hours of signal processing contribute greatly to the sound.
sounds very much like a tele.

Can get that same tone out of a tele with a fender blues amp

For the life of me i cant remember the name of that fender blues amp :S My stepdad has one.

Blues Pro Junior? Lol nevermind.
Quote by LP51122
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRUX3Q4GsXo

its maroon 5 and although im not a huge fan of theirs, i like the sound of the guitar in the beginning of this song. i think it's a telecaster, but i'm not sure. any ideas of how to get it?

Its just a clean tele, played with a funky style.

You can get this sound on most guitars. If you have a Tele or Strat thats great, but as long you have something decent it will sound fine. Also, You don't need any kind of signal processing to get that..... just a decent guitar and amp. Its a style thing more than a gear issue. Just learn the guitar part..... then you'll have the sound.
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Jun 2, 2008,
Quote by GuitarMunky
Its just a clean tele, played with a funky style.

You can get this sound on most guitars. If you have a Tele or Strat thats great, but as long you have something decent it will sound fine. Also, You don't need any kind of signal processing to get that..... just a decent guitar and amp. Its a style thing more than a gear issue. Just learn the guitar part..... then you'll have the sound.

+1.

If you want the sound and don't have single coils, a coil tap is immensely helpful if you have one; if not, bring up the amp's trebles a bit and use the bridge pickup for a bright Tele-ish sound.