I have narrowed down 2 guitars that I want to get.

1. Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard Plus
2. ESP Horizon FR II

I have a total budget of $1500. I listen and play to lots and lots of heavy metal. I want a very crunchy Metallica sound like in Damage Inc., but I also want some good creamy cleans like the interlude in Master of Puppets.

The main reason I like the Epiphone is that I love Les Paul-style bodies and big fat necks. It also has a really nice clean sustain to it.

I like the ESP because it has a FR Original trem, and has 24 frets with simple electronics, 1 tone and 1 volume with a 3-way toggle.

I like .11 GHS Boomers.
Last edited by Twisted Magnum at Jun 2, 2008,
for metal id say the ESP... but you like heavy gauge strings... and floyds dont like that... but if you only play 11's youll be good
well, i have an elitist lp custom, and i gotta say, its an awesome guitar. probably the best youll find in that pricerange, in my opinion atleast. If you play alot of metal though, you might want a pickup change.
im not fimilar with the other guitar, but play one and see what u think.
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
If you like Les Paul bodies, 24 frets, EMG's etc, check out the EC1000 or Eclipse guitars.

The guitars you are looking at are two very different guitars, comes down to what you are comfortable with and like the sound of.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Quote by just17n8
for metal id say the ESP... but you like heavy gauge strings... and floyds dont like that... but if you only play 11's youll be good

For a Floyd, I could step down to .10-.52's, which is light top/heavy bottom.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
For a Floyd, I could step down to .10-.52's, which is light top/heavy bottom.

thatll be pretty helpfull... for the health of the FR... then i vote for the ESP, you know it not metal till' you hear a divebomb (i dont play metal)
Those 10-52 Boomers are really nice strings.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Quote by Perturabo
If you like Les Paul bodies, 24 frets, EMG's etc, check out the EC1000 or Eclipse guitars.

The guitars you are looking at are two very different guitars, comes down to what you are comfortable with and like the sound of.

He's right. Check if you can score an Eclipse for 1500 on ebay. That should be possible.

If you really need the FR, than go for the Horizon, as you like thin necks. Jackson makes some nice metal guitars too, but they have fast thin necks.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
He's right. Check if you can score an Eclipse for 1500 on ebay. That should be possible.

If you really need the FR, than go for the Horizon, as you like thin necks. Jackson makes some nice metal guitars too, but they have fast thin necks.

dude are you an employee of jackson? hahaha... not that theres anything wrong... but any thread I see you post in, youre either defending the brand or suggesting it
Frankly, I think the Carvin would be better for you. Les Paul shape, OFR, and built to your specs.
You need to go for the horizon. May the remainder of the LP shapes' times be hideous and naught to be played by skilled guitarists.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->